Hi all, I've been on a couple different forums trying to find out any info from people who are using bicalutamide (generic form of Casodex) to see what their experiences are. So far I haven't gotten any responses, which could indicate that nobody else has tried it yet. Or that they just aren't on the forums. Whichever, I decided I might as well blog about my own experience since it might be beneficial to someone else at some point. It's hard to come by information on some of the drugs for Androgenetic Alopecia as it relates to women as most are not tested for use in our gender. A little history... In the past I've been on the following combinations of meds: Yasmin, Spironolactone 200mg/day, finasteride 5mg/day Zovia 1/50, Spironolactone 200mg/day, finasteride 5mg/day The above treatments helped clear up my (mild/moderate) acne, improved my hirsutism a bit, and got rid of my oily scalp, but ultimately did nothing for my hair loss. Switching from Yasmin to Zovia actually made my hirsutism a bit worse, which makes me wonder if it didn't also set me back a bit with the hair loss situation. Who knows. I'm scared to go back to Yasmin at this point because I'm fearful the drop in the estrogen dose will trigger a shed, which is not something I'm interested in dealing with right now. I am currently taking Zovia 1/50, finasteride 5mg/day, bicalutamide(Casodex) 50mg/day, Spironolactone 50mg/day (to help with the bloating caused by the OC), and Wellbutrin 150mg/day (to help offset the loss of libido due to taking the bicalutamide). The list above is way more meds than I ever wanted to take, but honestly, hair loss scares me more at this point, so I'm still willing to try anything. I'm almost done with week 11 on bical and so far my experience has been fine. I have monthly tests to make sure my liver enzymes are not elevated, as bical can potentially cause liver damage and so needs monitoring. I've had two tests so far and everything has been good up to this point. To catch up to current: Week 1-2 - Experienced headaches, dizziness (mild), felt a bit tired. Week 3-4 - No more headaches/dizziness. Started gaining a bit of weight, mostly around the mid-section. Also, lost my libido almost completely. Week 5 - No change in hair, but started Wellbutrin to counteract the libido loss. I call that drug my "crack" because it seems to give me some extra energy... but also makes it hard for me to sleep. Sorry to digress. I'll get back to the hair loss now. Week 5-9 - No change in rate of hair loss. Weight gain seemed to plateau around 5lb. and it won't go anywhere. Chest might have also expanded a bit, but not much. Week 10 - started noticing improvements in my hirsutism (mostly on my face). I also have noticed that I do not seem to be able to gain/maintain my muscle mass as easily as I used to on the other testosterone blockers. It's not too bad, only mildly noticeable. Week 11 - Shed seems to be a little more excessive this week. Also, I seem to be having... how shall I put this delicately... stomach issues, and the natrual consequence of that. That's all that has happened up till now. If I notice any changes (or if it is not effective for hair loss) I will post an update.