Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Birth Control and Shedding

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by lilly82, Oct 13, 2008.

1. lilly82

lilly82 Guest

Have any of you had more shedding or dread shed after using birth control?

I know BC differs in what is causing your shedding to begin with... wanted t know how many PCOS people had the shedding with the BC?

2. alicat

alicat Guest

Do you mean after discontinuing BCP?

3. lilly82

lilly82 Guest

Both.. while on it... and when you get off of it.... Yasmin actually...

4. cb81

cb81 Guest

I started Yaz in September and I feel the shedding has lessened. There's no way I'm going off it either. I've read enough about women losing hair after discontinuing bcp and I'm taking them as long as I possibly can. Lol. It's a little disconcerting to keep seeing all these Yaz lawsuit commercials and e-mails (which I swear I never saw prior to going on it) but whatever, between my out of whack menstrual cycle and my severe hair loss, I'll take my chances. Everyone is different, so you could go on a bcp and experience loss, but if you have PCOS and your doctor thinks it's the best for you, I personally say try it and if it the loss worsens then you can always go off it. But like I said, I'm not chancing going off the pill to see if there's a dread shed. I'd be a hairless dog at that point then. Lol. Ugh, I hate PCOS and I hate losing hair. :(

5. aries

aries Guest

I lost more hair on Yaz then I did while taking Loestrin. I think Yaz/Yasmin are evil. I switched my daughter to Yasmin and her hair quickly went down hill. I experienced migraines, breast pain, foggy thinking, etc.. while on Yaz. I stopped Yaz 5 months ago and feel 100% better. However, my hair has been pouring off of my head. My daughter stopped Yasmin four months ago, and her hair is really bad. I never noticed any improvement while on the Yaz and I think my daughters hair became worse after taking it. Of course, now we both suffer from a dred shed from coming off. The doctor said that when we came off, it would happen. I am hoping it stops and turns itself around. I saw the lawsuits about yaz/yasmin too. There is a website just about yasmin surviors. Also, my daughter was always sick with colds, viral infections, mono, sore throats, hot, spots in her eyes, etc.. Knock on wood, she has not been sick in the 4 months that she has been off the Yasmin.

6. MeliJM

MeliJM Guest

I had great luck on Yasmin-shed stopped and hair grew back.I no longer obsessed over it.I quit for 6 mo due to neg publicity and about after 5 mo,my hair started raining out of my head and my hairline dissapeared,major recession.I went back on 2 mo ago and am waiting for the good results and I am staying on it as long as I can.Im 38 and have had PCOS all my life.I think Yasmin works best for PCOSers because of the proven high testosterone levels.