Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Birth Control.. . Should I Go Back On It? Conflicted

Discussion in 'AGA Related Blood Work and Doctors' started by Ann Mac, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Ann Mac

Ann Mac New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone so I am just beginning my hair loss journey. I was diagnosed with androgenic alopecia at the age 20 despite no family history and an all normal blood work. My ferritin is 33 so I am working to get above 70. My biopsy results said I had follicle scarring, follicle miniaturization and chronic inflammation thus leaving my dermatologists baffled. I am currently on 100 mg of Spironolactone, but I will be going up to 150 mg soon. I use rogaine twice a day all over my scalp since my loss is perfuse. In June 2017 I switched from tri-ortho birth control to the Nexplanon implant. My hair loss began in September 2017 and I got the implant removed in December 2017. So currently I am on no birth control. My doctors said it is up to me if I want to start the tri-ortho again. I was wondering what other experiences you guys had with going back on birth control? I am scared to go back on it in fear or it making my hair loss worse. I already lose a little over 300 hairs a day. At the same time, I could benefit from the extra estrogen. Has anyone had a similar experience? If so please share your results with the birth control.