Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Blood work results...

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by alicat, Aug 11, 2009.

1. kimm

kimm Guest

throwing babydust your way alicat and mjh!

Still on the fence myself about number 3.

I will say that going on metformin has really regulated my cycles and brought back some signs of ovluation that had started to fade this time last year.

I don't think I have an overly serious case of pcos (enough to mess with my follicles) but I'm crossing my fingers that something works for you two soon!

2. alicat

alicat Guest

The only downfall is that once I am referred to a RE, it could take like 6 months to get in :(

Maybe my GP can start me on Clomid while I wait for my appointment with a RE. I have no clue.

I wish my blood work meant something to me. See, I don't get periods very often, so who the heck knows if my LH, FSH, Estrogen etc are good? I have noooooooooo clue :(

3. kimm

kimm Guest

Wow... 6 months!?

Well look at it this way. You're doing something different, upping your metformin dose. So it's not like you aren't doing anything.

Who knows? That higher dose might be all you need to get your hormones going in the right directions.

Otherwise, maybe talk to your GP and see how far he is willing to go to work with you while you wait for your RE apt? Things like Clomid or Progesterone? (I have no idea when you would use either. Just throwing them out as examples)

With any luck you'll be able to cancel the RE apt. ;)

4. alicat

alicat Guest

We have such different health care here than you folks in the States. We don't pay to see an RE, but we wait a looooong time! Not sure which health care system is better?!!?

I'll see how far my GP is willing to go. I've only been on Met 2000mg a day for a few weeks now. I go back Sept 8--if no period by then (last one June 30), then I will ask for a referral/other meds.