Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Bonded Topper

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by shanniepk, Apr 17, 2010.

1. shanniepk

shanniepk Guest

:lost: My mother is moving to Florida to be near me, and wants to get a bonded topper when she gets here. I live near Pensacola and was wondering if anyone knows where she could get this done, approximately how much it would cost for the initial, and then for the upkeep every 4 weeks or so, and any other suggestions you may have. She's pretty adamant about having a salon do it, and definitely wants it bonded. She is on a fixed income though and I worry about costs. Perhaps we could have someone do it until we felt confident to do it ourselves? Thanks for your replies.

2. shanniepk

shanniepk Guest

Still lost, and she's coming soon...does anyone have any ideas?

3. brandy32

brandy32 Guest

I am in Tampa. That is a little to far for you to travel every four weeks I suppose! Ok, to find a salon, look in your phonebook under "hair replacement" then call around, see who you feel comfortable with, and book a consultation, they are usually free. Most places require a down payment, $500 or so, and then a monthly fee of upward of 250, and this usually gets you color, styling, and roughly a new piece every four months or so.

You can expect it to be in the ballpark of around 3000 a year. It is an expense, I know, and if you were to come to tampa, I know my friend would do it a lot cheaper than that, but that is what I was paying before I changed salons, and that is pretty much the going rate at most salons. If you want to save money, the only real option is to order the hair and bonding supplies off of the internet, but if you are not skilled in this type of thing, like me, you could end up making a mess of things, so sometimes it is better off to just pay the salon and not stress about it.

I hope this helps you some, and if you have any more questions, just let me know!

4. nocturne

nocturne Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Shanniepk,

I don't live in FL, but I would say that you and your mom could probably do a good job of bonding the topper to her head after 2-3 sessions watching the stylist do it. The first time I tried it, it was a disaster! But the second time, I got it on pretty well. This was after having watched the stylist do it twice. And now I've put it on and taken it off successfully several more times. It's a lot cheaper and affords you more privacy. Best of luck!