Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Bonding advice.. front of lace front wig.

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Porshiana, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Porshiana

Porshiana Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know how to link my album but if u look u can see both my hairloss and my wig and how I wear it up for work. I work in a hot dusty warehouse so putting my hair up is a must. I leave my hair out the sides and back for a natural hairline when it's up. It only has lace on the fronts and sides. However, sometimes as I move the lace comes up a tad bit in the front. I've never bonded my hair. It is held with clips. I buy a new one every 2 weeks. Mainly because i don't like to have to curl and style the wig. I take it off and wear a turban at night. However the thought of being able to leave it on at night is appealing as I know a turban can't be very attractive for my husband. However my head sometimes gets itchy. I don't wear wig caps.They seem to slip off and don't allow my Combs to attach to my hair. I tried double sided tape. It bunched up, attached to my hair and not the skin or wig and i wound up pulling my small amount of r front hair out to remove it The bonding glue I got is long lived and requires a remover. I haven't used it yet. I'm afraid if I bond and sleep in it it will become tangled. Untangling and styling is a zillion times easier if the wig is not on you're head. I was hoping maybe there was some daily glue that I could just put a width of like a pencil line at just the edge of the lace and use daily. Idk which way to go. Any advice?

- - - Updated - - -

My bonding agent that lasts 2-6 weeks n I used only once on my hand to find it is indeed difficult to remove has these ingredients : acrylic polymers, isopropyl alcohol, Ethyl Acetate.

2. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I use got 2bglued hair gel straight onto the skin then blast it with their freeze spray leave a minute to dry before attaching my wig. You just have to let it set (about the time it takes to clean your teeth!) and then I can comb my wig without it pulling loose from the gel. To remove I just dab a damp cotton bud on the area and then pull gently. It does leave a slight residue on the wig so I just use to a little water to remove it. I am Alopecia Universalis though so I sew thinskin into all of my wigs which makes clean up easier, but I presume you have this in your FLW anyway. At the end of the week I just leave my wig to soak a few mins so all the white residue dissolves, no chemicals! I no longer bond for a week at a time for lots of reasons, but I manage to get this to work on a daily basis.

Hope this helps :)

3. ksgrl

ksgrl Guest

@dancer - how is the hold with the got2bglued? Do you feel confident in it enough for vigorous activities - like dancing? Does it hold up to sweat? I'm bonding a full lace wig every 10-12 days now with pro-flex tapes but am wondering about shorter term bonding. Thanks!

4. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    It does goes a bit tacky if you are working out vigorously, if I am doing a strenuous workout I do put half a piece of tape at each temple or I wear a headband just incase, last thing I want is for my wig to come flying off during a pirouette:eek:opsblush: in front of a bunch of people so I am ALWAYS very cautious. If I am teaching, I still sweat but not as much, I feel it is secure just with the gel.

5. Porshiana

Porshiana Member

Dislikes Received:
    I uses got 2b glued. The bond wasnt very strong imo.It came loose. Plus left a white residue that I couldn't get off. I tried but because it was on the very outer edge where I trimmed the lace, trying to remove it tore lace up. I've used the bonder for 2 days now on the front only. It seems to b working well. After a day and a long bath in which i lifted it to wash my hair underneath and then washed the wig, it kind of came lose at the edges. But a little touch up with the glue fixed it. This chemical definitely holds a zillion times better than got2b glued. I found out that the remover is simply acetone. Used some on for on my hand and then on a piece of hair I accidentally glued, and tried it on synthetic hair. No damage to anything even soaking the hair and lace in it, but it does remove the glue immediately. So I don't feel stuck with it. Since I used a thin line I think I could easily remove it if I needed to.

- - - Updated - - -

CAM01021.jpg CAM01020.jpg this is what got 2b glued did to my lacefront. I had to buy another

6. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    Oh that's a shame that happened, I have never had a problem getting the white residue off but I do have c22 which dissolves any residue either from tape or Got2bglued, however I usually only use water and shampoo and used this on different types of cap construction but all HH. I think it depends on your skin type skin type to how well any bonding solution works, what works for someone not always works for another it is all trail and error! Pleased the glue worked well for you :)

7. Porshiana

Porshiana Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. I'm actually so so rough on everything. No grace at all. Today when I bathed and thoroughly washed my hair it came loose in the front. It's supposed to last weeks, but i suppose that's with a much wider application and not taking long baths while submerged. Still a slight residue left. It stuck back on slightly for dinner. Then I used the acetone, cleaned it all up, and reapplied. Overall not a bad experience. I think I will continue to use this adhesive.