Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Bumblebee84's Story - (25 - Unknown)

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Bumblebee84, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Bumblebee84

Bumblebee84 Guest

Hello :$

I came across this site by accident, but I'm glad I did. I've been ignoring my "problem" for ages, but I've finally realised its not going to go away :( I've always been too embaressed to go to my doctor about it especially as I don't want to end up being told "that's just how your hair is, nothing we can do". My Mum has always had really fine hair with thinning, she has diabetes and hypothyrodism - since being treated for the second she has lost a lot of weight but it hasn't heped her hair. And I figure I'm too young for it to be that so I'll probaby be told I'm just fat and unhealthy... I really don't eat too bad though, I could eat better but there's peope who eat way worse than me and have lovely hair!

Basically I used to have lovely hair as a kid. I would be told how thick it was and how lucky I was. Then in my mid teens, depression hit me and I guess that's when I started losing but in my late teens it still wasn't too bad. After my first child it started getting pretty bad - I was at a friends who was caring for an elderly gentleman who didn't mince his words and he said to me "Wow, are you going a little bald there?" :( I guess that's when I realised something was wrong but put it down to stress or colouring my hair.

Now, at 25, I'm embarressed to go to the hairdressers. My last one actually mentioned if I'd thought about using some product (can't remember the name, but it was tablets) to try to get more regrowth. Given that I was breastfeeding at the time it was a total no no and I fell quickly with my (3rd) child and am currently 6 months gone so it's still a no no and will be for over a year. Plus it's so expensive and I can't justify spending money on something that may or may not work just for vanities sake. Since becoming pregnant again I've noticed regrowth which is nice. I'm scared though, it still looks terrible, you can clearly see my scalp thro my hair, so what's it going to look like when the extra drops out after I have my baby?!

My hairloss seems to be all at the top, my temples are fine, the nape of my neck is ok, but at the front to top of my head (the bit you can see!) it's thinned all over. I can only wear my hair up and it's not much when I group it together. It's become really coarse and straw like and I just don't know what to do with it :( I'll take some pics later when I'm ready to face just how bad it is... Where's the best place to put them? I'd also love to look at some pics of others with diagnoses so I can prepare myself for what mine might be about...

Anyway, that's me :( Hi!

2. Hi & welcome
    Sorry you find yourself here, but you'll find lots of advice & support from the wonderful people here.
    If you've time have a browse through some of the threads here, I learnt a lot from doing just that. Trouble with hairloss is that it is so unpredictable, it can recover fully, partially or sadly not at all.