Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Bump in the road..

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Frustratedandsad, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Frustratedandsad

Dislikes Received:
    My hair had been recovering very well since my onset last September. I was told it was TE from years and years of stress and problems. I wasn't no where near full recovery, still very early on in... but one occurrence caused it all to go to hell. My dad attempted suicide, and I started shedding like crazy a week or so later and since then it's been bad. That was July 17th. A few days after that, I was in a position of possibly have been sexually assaulted. I had that gut instinct something had happened after hanging out with a friend in which I was black out drunk, he was supposedly drinking a few beers. I contacted him the next day and for a week after and he denied everything, but I think my body knew more.. because it's shed even more and more. I thought maybe my instinct and gut feeling was wrong, and maybe nothing happened. Until he messaged me last night and admitted it to me. He told me something happened, and he told me he "didn't know I was drunk" and then in the same sentence told me he wasn't drunk at all. Has my body been reacting to this without my mind reacting to it? I've stressed myself out over all of it until like I just let it go because there was nothing I could do. Could I be shedding even more because of this? I'm so scared in general, and so sad and I don't know what to do. And I'm scared that now knowing this information, I'm going to be like... I don't know. Things are going to get worse. I don't know what to do.

2. ElPatoEllington

ElPatoEllington Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yikes! That's awful. In regards to your hair.. I really don't know? There are some people out there who say psychological stress has no bearing on your shed, but there are lots of others who do. In my opinion, it certainly can't help. I mean, if stress can give you heart disease, why can't it make your hair shed?

But this post is pretty troubling because you were sexually assaulted. You always had the impression something was wrong and now your attacker has admitted to it. You should really consider filing a report. Even if you want to just look past it and move on (I know a lot of people do), who knows if this same guy could take advantage of someone else in the future? I'm so so sorry that happened to you. It's never deserved.