Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Burning scalp ? With TE? Anyone please

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by mmacbride301, Aug 25, 2016.

1. mmacbride301

mmacbride301 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Feeling scared...I feel like I've posted so much since I joined... But I feel really hopeless and everything I read scares the crap out of me

Anyone have burning scalp with TE? And shedding little hairs along with the long ones?

2. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had a burning scalp when I was in the early stages of TE, it was at its worst near the base of my skull. It burned and itched like crazy. As for the hairs I shed I didn't obsess over the count or what the hairs really looked like I did seem to shed longer hairs with an odd short one thrown in but I can't be sure of the number or ratio.

3. patient_flower

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I get that too...dermatologist didn't know why. My theory is that it gets worse when I'm stressed.

4. mmacbride301

mmacbride301 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have you found anything to relieve the pain?

5. Silvia17

Silvia17 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've also experienced a burning scalp.. mine has calmed down now, not that I've done anything differently. Not sure if it's indicative of TE either, as I still don't know the true cause of my hair loss. I definitely think there must be a connection though! I never had scalp pain prior to my hair loss

6. patient_flower

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't found anything yet to stop the burning that occurs randomly...but sometimes the burning is made worse by sweat. If that's the case (like after a workout) I use organix tea tree shampoo and I think it helps a bit. It has a cooling minty effect without being too drying. Hope this helps!

TinaM1968 likes this.
  7. JenVoy

JenVoy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    My theory is it's Not normal to have tons of hair come out of your scalp! Think about how much hair we lose when it's in a normal stage. I hardly ever noticed hair loss. I just knew I lost some hair daily. Hair grows in quickly after loosing hair. When your scalp rapidly loses upwards of 150-200 or 300-400 daily because it's in Telogen phase, then your scalp suffers. It causes pain, tenderness and sometimes itchiness. I'm sure stress doesn't help but I doubt it's a significant factor. IMO anyway.

8. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Burning scalp can be a sympton for scarring alopecia. Only a biopsy would confirm. I have it. Thankfully my burning burned out avout a year after diagnosed.

9. antosenpai

antosenpai New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I also have a terribly burning scalp... My cause is uncertain, I have been on minoxidil 5% to treat (apparently I didn't even need it...) genetic female pattern hair loss and stopped because of too much shedding and itching after only 3 weeks. It has been 1 month since I stopped and I am still shedding a lot, burning a lot, I have no idea if this is normal... I am so scared

10. Adriannam521

Adriannam521 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Mycurlyhair

My front part of the scalp burns/itches like crazy and I'm scared of scarring alopecia.

What's has been your treatments after diagnosis ?
    :(

11. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Theres lots of different meds they will try, cortisone shoots, and steroids. I decided to not take any of them and change my diet and use natural products. Not sure if its helped or not. I have a few small scarred spots but my lose is mostly diffuse. Burning and itch is gone and I have tons of scaling of my hair. Thats the areas where my hair is thinnest :( Theres a group for it on FB if you did get dianosed. The treatment I have mentioned has helped alot of people. Some have gone in remission and or burn out. Its happens but not usually..