Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Can anyone advice on high-end human hair non suction wig?

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by in wonderland, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Hey guys!

I have been wearing freedom wigs for about 6 years and they have been perfect up until now, as i have about 95% regrowth (yay) and they just won't stay on! Starting my first full time job very soon and that means I'll have money to spend on a good quality, human hair wig. (it also means I really need something that will look professional and stylish)

The problem I am having is there seem to be so many options and it's so hard to find any good information. I'm based in Australia, so we get the generic big brands here (Rene of Paris, Jon Renau, etc.), however they seem to be quite expensive for what you get. From my research the hair quality is never european, not always REMY, and doesn't always look good after the first wash.

I'm looking for a dark blonde or a light brown (the dark colours don't suit me at all) so having european hair would be ideal. Looking at spending up to $2000 on this wig, and I have been researching into;

- Foella
    - Featherlite
    - Flora
    - Freeda
    - Helena

Also out of the 'big' brands
    - Ellen Wille (the pure!power collection?)
    - Raquel Welch
    - Jon Renau

Has anyone bought any human hair wigs from these companies, or know of anyone who has?
    It's just a very big investment for me and I really don't want to end up with something that looks dreadful that I never wear after the first wash (this happened with my first ever human hair wig, I pulled it out of a box the other day and just incredible how bad the quality was)

Any advice/past experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    If you have 95% regrowth would it be possible to use a product like Toppik to disguise whatever remaining thinness you have? Or find a cut that would accentuate what you do have? I'd be over the moon to have that kind of regrowth!

3. askalice

askalice Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Don't buy hh from a namebrand company- they are better at synthetics. I have looked at some of them in local salons and they seem very fake-I can imagine the hair getting stiff very quickly-and have seen comments about that, although not able to quote right now.There have been so many posts on various forums about Flora wigs that I'm sure you can't go wrong with them. But I have no personal experience. But there have recently been many who purchased from Fortune wigs-also a company in the NY City area. They do 2 versions of the French top realistic part wig-one is with European hair-not sure how that compares in price to Flora who always uses EHH. I also had a sample of a straight EHH wig from Iwigs, and it was beautiful, just the wrong colour for me. Usually these wigs have the French top, but are not all hand tied-they are wefts sewn on to a stretch material.

I think many have commented that their Flora needed to be thinned by a stylist, but Fortune seems to be a little less dense and need less trimming. Again I am passing on comments of others. Are you also on the heralopecia.com forum-lots of wig advice there?