Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Can High Estradiol Cause Miniaturization Of Hair Follicles?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by sleepywaif, Jun 17, 2019.

1. sleepywaif

sleepywaif Member

Dislikes Received:
    im guessing it can't

my labs said i have very high estradiol but i'm going to retest them..don't trust the results
    my free testosterone is also a lot higher... .8 from .2 and .3 and free testosterone makes dht, so that would explain some things as well.

i definitely look like i have Androgenetic Alopecia...so my follicles are just super sensitive

2. Barbarina

Barbarina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dear Sleepywaif, just want to throw my 2 pence. I am struggling with thinning hair since 2012 and I came to a conclusion that no one Dr knows really what triggers it and the honest ones will tell you so. The rest will try to fix it with different hormons etc etc, vitamins and yes, if the reason is easy one - iron will help, pill with more estradiol, and hair is usually recovering and regrowing. The rest is the mystery.
    As for testosterone, there are tons of women who have higher testosterone and yes, they defenitely have this DHT, BUT one must be allergic on it, what all trichologists say. It is like with cats for example, many people have cats, but some are allergic on cats fur. Just bad luck.

Sophie Nigam likes this.
  3. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    Tons of regrowth shedding....It makes me sad :(....Having regrowth and then the. Shedding so much of it

4. Sophie Nigam

Sophie Nigam New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hii Barbarina,
    I am totally agree with you.

5. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I will said for high testosterone sugar of ANY kind it the key! Quitting sugar whether it be pure cane or substitute sugars along with bad carbs will bring androgens down. When I quit and was eating right my Dheas started coming down