Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Can Shedding Short Hairs Be Normal In Te Recovery?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Soph888, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Soph888

Soph888 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi hair loss community. So refreshing that this exists, i was becoming desperate for community in this horrific battle! I guess i just have some questions and felt like I wanted to vent a little about my situation.
    This summer I crash dieted and began increase shedding 3 months after (TE). I got all my blood work tested, iron was a little low and vitamin D but doctor said she wasn’t concerned and to wait it out.
    For me, shedding beyond 100 hair a day is way too high as my normal is about 30-50 per day when I’m not going through TE. So, I’m in my 4th month of TE and I’m finally shedding less hair (about 60-70 a day) so I’d like to assume I’m in recovery! I’m also seeing a ton of little baby hair growth throughout my part. However,
    I’m noticing I’m shedding short (3cm-2 inches), finer hairs with white bulbs at the end- about 5 per day. Before assuming the worst and perceiving that i can’t sustain new growth, I’m wondering if this can be normal cycling of hairs as my hair tries to reset its growth cycle in TE recovery? Has anyone else ever experienced this with TE?

i realized i couldn’t find this answer online anywhere else so i figured I’d create the question. Thank you to all who try to give input :)

2. Soph888

Soph888 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    By the way this is what my part looks like!

Attached Files:

3. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes from what I hear it’s a normal process

4. RoxyT

RoxyT Member

Dislikes Received:
    In my past experience with TE, you're going to shed hairs that are a wide variety of lengths and thicknesses.

The white bulb, as you probably know, means it's a telogen hair, which is what you'd expect to see with TE.

Some of your new hairs may come in without pigment and finer than before. That's part of the process of recovering.

The best thing you can do to get your hair back on track is to eat healthfully. Make sure you're getting enough protein and healthy fats. A consultation with a nutritionist could be helpful.

Dr. Jeff Donovan has an excellent blog. You might want to see what he says about TE.

I know it's very hard to stop trying to decipher every change in your hair. It's an exercise in patience and moment-by-moment acceptance that we don't have control over everything.

I wish you the best!

TinaM1968 likes this.
  5. elixirhtc

elixirhtc Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes whynot there are many treatment available for recovering hair loss or damage hair you need to consult to the dermotalogist about it ...