Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Can't do it anymore

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by HopefulMama, Jun 13, 2011.

1. HopefulMama

HopefulMama Member

Dislikes Received:
    Deleted

#1 HopefulMama, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  2. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Hey :( Big hugs xxxxxxxxxxx It will get better some how. I know you dont feel like it will, but it WILL. Maybe a topper is the thing you need, even to just forget about whats going on underneath.

You can do this! xXx

3. Din

Din Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefulmoma,

Please feel better. I know how you feel , trust me , I feel it everyday. I have two little ones at home and I try so hard not to let them see me upset. In a way, their childhood was robbed from me, because I am so depressed and consumed by this.
    To try to feel better, just try to think of your kids, how much they love you and how much they need you. It will get better, hair loss is a nasty thing to deal with, but it will be ok.

Hugs yo you, and I hope you will feel better,
    Din

4. Vlal

Vlal Guest

I think a topper sounds like it would be a good idea right now. Once you have something that works for you in terms of making you look the way you want to, it is easier to face the world and also to get some peace from thinking about the hair loss all the time.

5. RugBug

RugBug Guest

that is excellent advice VLal and pretty much what I was going to write...
    I found that as soon as I got a piece I wasn't ashamed or afraid of, I suddenly stopped obsessing about the hair loss. My new obsession is..."is my fall on right?" And once I get a positive response to that question, I just go on with my day. I'm at the place of acceptance again....

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    :agree:

7. emrob0

emrob0 Guest

I understand completely too...I had a can't do it anymore day yesterday....it is so so hard and you are not alone. My husband says the kiddies love & need me & will love me with or without hair, green spots etc...I'm just their mum....I know deep down he is right. I find it doubly hard to cope as my children are losing hair too-there is no escaping the constant incessant worry & I feel guilty and responsible for their hair loss too. I feel sick everytime I comb their hair...then have to face my own. I also feel guilty that I have changed from being bubbly and sociable to feeling down & rarely going out. I hope that my current low self esteem does not have a long term effect on theirs. I am hoping we (and everyone else on here) finds reasons....
    One big thing that helps me-I lost my mum 10 yrs ago to cancer. She lost all her hair due to chemotherapy prior to her losing her battle. I didn't care, I just wanted her to survive with or without hair. The hair was irrelevant. I miss her as much today as I did 10 yrs ago. I try to hold those thoughts....Please take care & be compassionate to yourself

8. Praying that you have the heart to fight
    Cuz you are more than what is hurting you tonight
    For all the lies you've held inside so long
    But they are nothing in the shadow of the cross

You're beautiful, You're beautiful
    You are made for so much more than all of this
    You're beautiful, You're beautiful
    You are treasured, you are sacred, you are His
    You're beautiful!!!

HopefulMama...I said a prayer before I began to type because my heart broke when I read your post and I could feel your pain and hurt. I wanted to make sure I gave you something you could cling to. But most of all I wanted to make sure it didn't come from me...the words to this Mercy Me song came to my head as I prayed for you. You are Beautiful! Please know that....

9. RugBug

RugBug Guest

:)

that was really sweet.

10. starbabies

starbabies Guest

Hopeful Mama-Hugs to you. I am so sorry that this is consuming you right now. It is such a horrible feeling to have. Echoing others when I say, maybe a topper is a great choice for you right now. I am having one made and it will be ready in about 3-4 weeks. I tell you, since I went to Dov and ordered one, I have almost zero anxiety about my hair loss right now. ALl the worry about how my hair looks and WHEN is the time to get a topper? will I know? ...gone. (certain there will be a learning curve, etc...) Plus taking action will give you back some control over this whole mess.

Love those babies:) and try to do something special for yourself today.

Best,
    Susanna

11. fuzzy

fuzzy Guest

Rugbug,

Are you in the topper every day now?

Joan

12. RugBug

RugBug Guest

Hi Joan! Only on days when I leave the house. Actually, that's not true...I can still wear it in a pony tail and head band for the gym. But, I kid you not, every morning, my hair gets noticeably worse....today, my entire front hairline appears to have moved back....this is craziness.

13. fuzzy

fuzzy Guest

Rugbug,

I really love your Fora. I am one of those folks who cannot wear a topper due to breakage and fine hair. I may still think about a full Flora wig in the future. My only wig now is synthetic but I like looking at other options
    Does your color have a number or a name? I am a blonde too.

Joan

14. RugBug

RugBug Guest

my Flora Fall is a LOT more hair than my topper was. The cap alone was a huge difference. One would think by looking at the two of them that the Fall was going to be...too much hair..... as many of my family thought my topper was. But, the way the Fall sits, it actually looks for natural, even though the density is quite a bit more. (or, I've lost SO much more hair since the topper that it just looks like less additional hair)
    Anyway...my other comment..... mine has 11 clips...I secure all of them when I first get it on....then, I go around and unclip about 4 or 5 of them. I've even unclipped the very front one at times to relieve some pulling. It took a few times to get it right, but now...I not only don't FEEL it on, I FORGET it's on....

15. RugBug

RugBug Guest

the first couple of times, yes, it hurt and it pulled.... but I was wearing it "wrong" AND it was longer, heavier. Now that I figured it out, It doesn't hurt by the end of the day...but as with anything, it's always nice to take it off. I hate the feeling of jewelry on by the end of the day....so for me, it's no worse than having a baseball cap on and taking it off....freeing!

16. Vlal

Vlal Guest

With Flora's hair pieces the fall is bigger (covers more and extends somewhat down the side/back of the head) than the topper.

In general, it depends on the individual wig designer as to what they mean by a fall as occasionally I see people saying fall when the hair piece is what women on this forum call a topper. Some people also use the word "fall" to describe a crown-only piece that creates volume and length falling down the back of the head.

17. Lost

Lost Guest

Rug Bug are the bangs in your pictures your bangs? I have yet to find a place near me that has falls or toppers to look at in person,so I am still very confused as to how they work,anyway yours is beautiful!!

18. RugBug

RugBug Guest

they are both....mine are very thin now and I had some cut in....but it actually CAME with bangs cut in too. I went to have more cut in and that's when my hairdresser and I realized I was wearing it too far forward. After I adjusted it, the bangs were perfect. But, I sent Flora pics of exactly how I wore my hair and she found one that was pretty close out of the box...except for the length, of course. ;o)