Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Can't Take It Anymore. The Depression Is Real.

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Heather, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Marry1993

Marry1993 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    My grandma tried laser light therapy and it worked quite ok for her

Heather likes this.
  2. Heather

Heather Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am very sorry to hear you had to endure chemo treatments!

I have not heard of Loniten!!!!

3. Heather

Heather Member

Dislikes Received:
    Do you know if she used an at home system and what kind? I can't afford Transitions. I went for a consult and they wanted to charge me 4500!!!!!!

4. Marry1993

Marry1993 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    No idea but I will try to ask her (it was few years ago so not sure if she still rember)

5. KG0524

KG0524 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Heather

I’m 25 and i started to lose hair when I was 15. It started when I was extreme dieting (I was an insecure teenager who had gotten a little chunky the prior year). I’m down to about 25% of the density of my hair before it started to shed....I was diagnosed with a thyroid problem about 8 years ago, and my hair has shed on and off since I started being treated. My thyroid has been stable for several years and hair is still getting worse. I had a scalp biopsy a few years ago and was diagnosed with andro genetic alopecia. My mom has thinning hair but her thinning is very slow and gradual, she’s also 60 so it’s not abnormal for a woman her age. My sister is 18 and she has a full head of gorgeous thick curly hair. I get so envious and I feel angry all the time.

I recently started wearing tape in hair extensions and it’s helped me emotionally. It’s so expensive to keep up with, but for the boost in self confidence, I’m willing to pay. I’m getting married in September, and I’ve been having nightmares of what my hair is going to look like on my wedding day....my fiancé doesn’t know the extent of my hair loss- he knows I lost a lot of hair when I had my thyroid issues but he doesn’t really realize that’s it’s slowly getting worse. I know he loves me and will love me know matter what but I’m terrified that my frustration and sadness will come out as anger and drive him away one day.

I’m dreading the day when I’ll start wearing wigs. But at the same time, that’ll be the day when I don’t really have to ask “how much worse will this get?” Anymore. I’ve had so much blood work done and other than my controller thyroid issues, I’m perfectly healthy.

I’m also terrified of having children and passing this unfair condition onto them, especially if I were to have a daughter.

UGH. hang in there. You’re not alone.

Farrah711 likes this.
  6. Elle

Elle New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Heather, I can totally relate to you about being the only female in your family dealing with this. And I really don’t even have bald men in my family. I have a bald uncle and both my grandfathers lost hair when they got OLD. But here I am, having been losing hair since I was 26. I’m 29 now and don’t feel any less upset about it. I feel even worse. I wish extensions were an option for me but they arent so I wear ridiculous looking and painful wigs nearly every day. I always ask WHY ME. My parents both have good hair, my sister has good hair, everyone in my family pretty much does except for me. It’s so unfair and I just wish I could accept it and move on with my life without every single moment thinking about my HAIR.

7. Barbarina

Barbarina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am wearing cerating bonded extentions, they look good, because I have re-done them couple of months ago, by a good stylist. I also posted a positive story of a girl whom I know fm a gym and whose hair thickened ridiculously, after she stopped bleaching it. may be happens to all of us when we start being more relaxed about it.

Heather likes this.
  8. Heather

Heather Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm having skin weft tape ins put in tomorrow. Very excited and nervous. Thanks so much for the reply!

Farrah711 likes this.
  9. Heather

Heather Member

Dislikes Received:

Yes! Every single day, every waking moment, every other thought, ugh! Hair! Picking off hair strands that are on you, in your closet, in the fridge...lol, on your kid, it's a horrid horrid nightmare. I have some hair left bit only about 25%. Extensions won't last long for me but it's something for now. I'm sorry for your pain. All my sister's and my mother have hair. Tons more than I do. Wish I could be encouraging for you. It's only been 3 yrs for me but a living nightmare the whole time. At least know you can come on here and vent to people that understand the pain. Hugs !!!!! Have you been diagnosed? I'm currently in the process of hormone and vitamin level testing. A small fortune but I'm sure we all feel the same, that hair is more important ! @#%×