Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Care Questions

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by LeeLee, Oct 21, 2010.

1. LeeLee

LeeLee Guest

I am planning on making an appointment with Flora next week. Now that I have made the decision, I feel like a small weight has been lifted. Once I'm there, I'll hopefully feel like the rest is lifted.
    I have a few quick questions on care for those who have toppers or IFs:
    How do you store it at night?
    If you want it to be straighter or curlier, depending on the day, can you make that happen?
    Can you comb it as much as you would your real hair?
    Do you use product in it every day?

Any answers or input will be helpful and appreciated.
    thanks!!
    Lee

2. Hennared

Hennared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    My answers, from a Human hair lace wig perspective:

How do you store it at night?

On a mannequin head, with a psritz of water, covered in silk.

If you want it to be straighter or curlier, depending on the day, can you make that happen?

Curlier - yes! Caruso steam rollers rock! Or those twisty fabric rollers on damp hair. Or braid waves.

Straighter - um.. not w/o damage, I think.

Can you comb it as much as you would your real hair?

I wouldn't. I comb every day, but gently, and not excessively.. mind the crown, you don't want shedding there.

Do you use product in it every day?

No. Too much can weigh the hair down. Less is more!

Hope this helps a tad :)

3. BLYNN

BLYNN Guest

my topper is long. I comb it every day many times a day. I also use hairspray every day and hot rollers and my toppers last a long time

4. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    YEA! Good luck on your trip to Flora! I went in May and feel so much better in my everyday life!

I store mine on my closet shelf. Flora told me to get a styrofoam head but I still haven't done it. I wear it every day.

My fall has some"body" but overall compared to my real hair it is pretty straight. I usually just brush it in the morning and go. Flora was able to curl it when I was at her shop but I apparently am not that talented. lol I am happy with the way it looks so I am not worried about it. The only time I use product is when I wash it and that is the Bain de Terre styling foam that she suggested I use.

I brush it in the morning before I wear it and at the end of the day when I take it off. I do occasionally brush if I look in the mirror and it needs it or if I am going out. I try not to brush it on my head...I don't have much hair left on my head and the idea of losing what I still have makes me cry.

I will say that when you get used to seeing yourself with a full head of hair it is quite depressing to look in the mirror with your hair all flattened and thin looking. But it is worth it. No one sees me like that but my family.

Good luck!!! Be sure to post pics!