Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Chrome for insuline resistänce

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by lady32, Jun 24, 2010.

1. lady32

lady32 Guest

Hi,

I am a 32-year old pcos and Androgenetic Alopecia "sufferer". I recently started Spironolactone 100 mg for Androgenetic Alopecia and Rogaine 2 %. I have been thinking that maybe I am currently treating only the symptom, Androgenetic Alopecia and not the actual cause, pcos...Well, in two weeks I´ll know more, since I am going to get my sugar levels tested.

Has anyone tried chrome (Cr) supplement for Insuline resistance in pcos? I read few articles that it may contribute positively to lower the insuline resistance of tissues as it somehow assist the insuline to do its work in the tissues. I don´t know, but I bought some and will try.

And I just talked to my doctor (he is just a regular doctor, not an endo) that exercise has clinically proven to be the most efficient way to reduce insuline resistance. He recommended at least 3 hours exercise (heavy) in week. Of course diet is important but according to the doctor, exercice is more efficient, if one eats generally a normal, healthy diet.