Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Confusee

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Incubushippie, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Incubushippie

Incubushippie New Member

Dislikes Received:
    So starting around April of this year I noticed more hair than usual was falling out. I had gone off my birth control that I had been on for eight years three months before. I have always had thin hair but in the past eight months I've lost almost half of my hair. I've had a very stressful year including loss of pregnancy and an emotionally abusive relationship. I have had two different doctors tell me two different things one said TE and one said Androgenetic Alopecia. But it's been eight months and I'm still shedding like crazy. I haven't gone back on birth control since I lost the baby. I had gone back on for about three months to help my acne but got pregnant and went off. I just don't understand because there's no hair loss on either side of my family. I noticed I'm losing most of it on the back of my head and in my bang area. I don't know what to do. If it is TE why isn't it growing back yet? Just looking for some advice. I'm only 22.

2. sarvnaz123

sarvnaz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    When did you lose the baby? Have you done any blood work to check for thyroid and iron deficiency?

3. Incubushippie

Incubushippie New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes my blood work came back normal supposedly and I've had two doctors give me two different opinions. I lost the baby in mid November.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes my blood work came back normal supposedly and I've had two doctors give me two different opinions. I lost the baby in mid November.

- - - Updated - - -

I've decided to start taking a multi vitamin and start using monoxidil. I'm not sure whether it's Androgenetic Alopecia or TE or whether going off my birth control this year or the consistent stress I've been under is the underlying cause, but I don't really know what to do. I didn't think Androgenetic Alopecia would zap half of my hair in a matter of six months.

4. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It sounds like it could be TE, you have multple triggers. Did your Dr. check your ferritin level? The range for "normal" is quite wide so it could show up as normal on your labs and be too low for healthy hair growth. It is important to know the number (it should be between 70 to 100).

5. Incubushippie

Incubushippie New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure. I've always thought I was anemic to be honest. I'm going to a derm in two weeks again to have him look and I'll get my ferritin tested. I started a multi vitamin and making sure I have some protein and greens everyday now as my diet isn't the best. I have very diffuse thinning and I'm literally pulling a million hairs off of myself all day. The back of my head is the worst hit. It's gotten so thin I have to remain conscious to cover the bald spots. Can Androgenetic Alopecia happen this fast?

- - - Updated - - -

Also there's no history of hair loss on either side of my family.

- - - Updated - - -

Also there's no history of hair loss on either side of my family.