Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Cosmetic System Worked for me except for now

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by stillhopeful, Mar 31, 2005.

1. stillhopeful

stillhopeful Guest

I have been wearing a system from the Hair Club for Women for five years. I am 25 and got the system when I was 18. Let me tell all of you ladies that if you have tried everything and nothing has worked and like me your hair loss is inevitable (Alopecia) then PLease, Please, try the hair Club. It gave me back my life. It gave me a life. It gave me a wonderful boyfriend, confidence, confidence, and so looooong depression.

However, recently in the past year I have been to the top dermatologist as I was experiencing some itchiness on my scalp, which turned out to be follicultis, bacteria clogging the follicles due to the tape/glue that I had been using. Now I am devastated and looking at alternatives in case this irritation does not go away. DOES ANYONE HAVE COSMETIC SUGGESTIONS??- It is just so hard b/c the system was great, I could keep it on ALL the time and only take it off every month when I would get it professionally serviced. I feel like my life safer has been ripped from me. I'm scared b/c I'm beginning to feel the helplessness I felt at 18 and I haven't felt that since as the Hair Club had given me that confidence back.

Basically, I need suggestions on where to look and what has worked for you women. ALSO, my scalp irritation is probably like one in every 1000 people experience it, so if you feel like your less of a person GO TO THE HAIR CLUB. It will save you life. It saved mine and now I'm so worried to what will happen next in my journey with hair loss.

Thank you for listening

2. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Still hopeful I am so sorry for you I really am ... is there no medication you can go on that can clear it up ? how about maybe using the same system but removing it every few days to clean and re appy - faking it applies her own ....at least then you could let your scalp breathe ...

How come you just flared up is this common mate .. do they not make an allergy tyoe tape or glue .

I hope it all works out for you but if you have to ave a "break" from hiar club for a while could you not go for a weave or topper for a few months to get your skin back to the way it was and re start with hair club

3. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

Hi, this is very common and I have seen it many times. You are probably being given antibiotics to clear up the initial infection. You certainly need to prevent further infection. I have also seen this in bonded wigs and suction wigs. Surgical glues and tapes are available as well as surgical removers. I am always amazed people don't use removers when they are so cheap. The surgical ones are incredibly pure (used in operations) and very good. In the industry, where possible we believe in removing wigs as often as possible and cleaning them very thoroughly inside with sanitiser to prevent infections. Do hope it clears up soon. You are not alone!