Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Could everyone or as many as possible sign my petition?

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by DarkWitch1111, Mar 30, 2015.

1. DarkWitch1111

DarkWitch1111 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I just signed the petition, "Amazon: Amazon : Give "In The Flesh" a new home!."
    I think this is important. Will you sign it too? The BBC have decided to axe the hugely popular Bafta winning drama and not allow a third series in spite of it's astounding popularity and cult like status worldwide. This is the best show I have ever seen and means a lot to me personally as it helped me through traumatic time in my life. If you haven't seen it please catch up on it, if you have and agree with me please sign. It would also help to write to the BBC and complain as their reasoning is ridiculous. They have decided to axe it because " we can only afford one drama per year" which is insane and untrue. They are returning from being a stage for best British drama shows to the most inept organisation on the face of the planet (as their reputation was in the 1990s) I have worked with the BBC as a journalist and am appalled. They are doing great damage to the brand by making this huge mistake. PLEASE PLEASE help us save the series.​
    Here's the link:​
    Thank you for your time,

DW​

2. DarkWitch1111

Dislikes Received:
  3. DarkWitch1111

Dislikes Received:
    UPDATE 13TH APRIL:

I have email the CEO of Amazon directly and received a very courteous, friendly response from her that assured me the boss will b 'happy to consider my suggestion'. I have also spoken to Netflix who said they would be 'happy to tak' on the show once they obtain a licence' as they are big fans. I even persuaded a bunch of Netflix employees to sign the petition themselves. This is going brilliantly well and I want you thank you again for your support so far. BUT DON'T STOP NOW, let's not rest on our laurels we still need those numbers in so keep up with the signing -pleeeasse [​IMG]

Ignore the media: they say no one is interested in taking In The Flesh on but they are. Iv'e heard it directly from the horses mouth. the Radio Times (UK magazine) are the only ones behind us revealing the truth. Ignore any negative talk, we can and WILL do this. Keep on singing guys and thanks so so much! [​IMG]

Personally speaking I've needed something to keep me going during a very low point in my life and this has been the answer. If and when this works you'll be making millions of people very happy. What could be better than that as a reward?

UPDATE 15th April

OK for some unknown reason (just when we were nearly there) One of the petition starters (Jade) uppped the signatures needed to 50,000 for Netflix leaving us WAY behind - and just when I had Netflix under my thumb. I'm not happy. We need more signatures urgently and remember - please don't just sign but forward the petitions to as many people you can think of. Please don't spam every single ember on this site but pass it on to everyone you know personally whether it just be someone you know online (on here or otherwise) or 'in the flesh', so to speak like mum dad, neighbours, school friends, work colleagues, cousins, extended family, teachers, bosses - anybody and everybody. PLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEE

Thanks again

4. DarkWitch1111

Dislikes Received:
    UPDATE April 22nd:

Owen Bush, who started the Amazon petition, has upped the signatures required to 35,000 so we need more signatures! Thanks so much for your support everyone and please, please keep signing those who haven't and those who have please pass the links on to those whom you think will sign. We can do this!

UPDATE May 4th:

The signatures are still rolling in, we had a bit of a slump a few days a go but then yesterday they tripled in numbers. I've also been promoting this petition myself out of my won pocket but I don't care I want the show back so badly. I also write to one of the managing directors of BBC and am FUMING with him the jerk. He basically stuck my email into the recycle bin aka the complaints department. My email was not one of complaint it was outreaching from a fan campaign, so if anything praising the BBC but telling them they made a mistake and asking them nicely to reconsider the decision. Well a very nice but inexperienced (obviously junior) complaints agent emailed me back missing out important elements of what I said and rushing others under the carpet. It sounded like he was writing from a pre-prepared script. I'm not having that. I wrote to a managing director I expect t her back fro at least someone in managerial position as I did with Amazon. So I all guns blazing now and I'm writing to teh CEO of BBC worldwide. I'm ot ivin gin until they listen.

Than you all once again for signing and passing the petitions links on please continue do so, we still have a way to go and need those siggies!!! Let's do this!

5. DarkWitch1111

Dislikes Received:
    UPDATE 16th May 2015:

Appalled, really appalled. In 6 whole days only 14 people more people in the entire world have signed the netflix and Amazon petitions. This is nuts. I assume most people aren't dead ad waiting for the second rising so please if you haven't signed already please do so & pass on the links. The signatures for the BBC are still going up albeit slower than previously. I really don't know what's happened. I've promoting this show's arse off at a really difficult time in my life when most wouldn't bother. I'm not blaming you guys but we NEED THESE SIGNATURES NOW. PLEASE HELP SAVE THE SHOW. IT WON'T SAVE ITSELF.

6. DarkWitch1111

Dislikes Received:
    Update 27th May :

Just checked again and figures are still rising but not as much as a month or so ago. Also the amount of signatures required for the BBC's petition has been taken up to 75,0000 leaving us nearLy 25,000 signatures behind. WE NEED MORE SIGNATURES, PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THEM ROLLING IN!