Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Could this cause hair loss?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Arisemysoul, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Arisemysoul

Arisemysoul Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone. I guess when I get really down about my hair loss I start searching for answers. I am undiagnosed but strongly suspect Androgenetic Alopecia due to hair loss pattern and anemic looking regrowth.

However, my troubles really started almost 3 years ago when my periods started going crazy. I am now 45.

So my question is I came across this information when I first started losing hair. At the time the hair loss was alarming but I was more concerned about other symptoms I was/am having. I really believe this could possibly be from having a tubal ligation a few years ago.

What I am talking about is something called Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome. I have searched this forum and have seen it mentioned a time or two. Most doctors don't believe in it. However the foremost tubal reversal doctor is an 1 1/2 hours away from me in Chapel Hill. He does believe in it. In fact he does reversals all the time to try and help women find relief from this.

When I go on his website and do a search I was shocked at how many symptoms I have that are the same.

http://www.tubalreversal.net/search.php ... mit=Search

If you google Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome or PTLS you get a whole list of symptoms. One of them is HAIR LOSS. In fact several women on the tubal reversal sight said, their hair stopped falling out and grew back AFTER they had a reversal.

I think the theory on this is when you have your tubes cut or clipped it compromises the blood flow to the ovaries and causes the symptoms. The symptoms though are very similar to menopause and PCOS. And obviously not every woman has problems. But why do so many women have these symptoms and so many get better after having the tubal reversed?

If I thought this was my problem or a reversal would "cure" me I would run to this place! However this is not a cheap operation. It runs from $5900 - $6900. Insurance will not cover it because it is considered infertility treatment and most doctors claim it doesn't exist. But it does and these doctors are legit. They are the first ones to have done a successful reversal of an Essure tubal.

I absolutely don't have the money for this. Plus there are no money back guarantees! And I don't even know if I'm a candidate. You have to send in a post-op report first to see if you can even have a chance of a reversal. That is free to do I believe so I'm thinking about doing this.

My other thing is at my age am I just around the corner from menopause anyway. Am I just buying time? I don't know.

Has anyone on here had a tubal or suspect it causing troubles?

Maybe I'm just grasping but I always come back to this possiblilty. And I feel I am running out of time. I know a lot of the women on the reversal forum have tubals right after birth and are really young. They seem to have the most severe symptoms and are the quickest to find relief from a reversal. I waited a number of years to have my tubal and I am older. I wonder if my ovaries are so damaged now there is no hope. Maybe I'm just not aging well. I just can't believe I have so many of the symptoms and it not all be connected.

Sorry this is so long and thanks for taking time to read it.

2. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am sorry you are suffering being a women is not easy I have decided!
    I cant comment on the hair loss as I have hereditory Alopecia Universalis but I was sterilised at 32. I did already have gynea problems before, very long heavy irregular painful periods which would render me in bed for a few days and I believe the sterilisation exasperated them with in six months I was having periods for 3 weeks, 1 week off and then the cycle started again. I ended up with cysts friboids ando and endometriosis resulting in a full hysterectomy at 44.

I was prescribed Transamenic acid to stop the bleeding, you take it on the first day and thereafter until it stop the period about 3 days later. Mind you I had constant period for nine months before they gave me this!!Mefamenic acid is good for pain.

Have you had your hormones checked to see if your levals are changing and if you are heading towards menapause?

Sorry I cant be more constructive :( but hope this info helps a bit :dunno: