Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Could This Not Be Androgenetic Alopecia, Or Maybe Not Just Androgenetic Alopecia?

Discussion in 'AGA Related Blood Work and Doctors' started by 4Robins, Dec 25, 2019.

1. 4Robins

4Robins Member

Dislikes Received:
    I got diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia by 2 different doctors (dermatologists) in my early 20's.
    They said it was Androgenetic Alopecia because of the pattern of the hairloss and miniaturized hairs.
    I've been on Dianette/Diane 35 since I was around 16 to help my skin and I've tried cyptoterone after being dinagnosed, which I stopped in the meantime because I didn't notice a difference.
    I've been vegetarian since I was 13.

I'm now 26. I can't be without a topper anymore and I worry some day soon I won't even have enough hair to hold it.
    My father is 54 and I don't have a lot more hair than him. The other day I went to see my grandma and noticed all the elderly people around her seemed to have a lot more hair than me. Is this normal?

I also seem to get very itchy scalp if I don't wash it every day and some painful "bumps" too.

The thinning of my hair seems to be mainly on my hairline and crown, but it's also very thin on the sides and back.

I don't know what to do. I feel too self conscious to go to the doctors again, specially since they'll just say the same.

I thought maybe someone here would be able to see something I'm missing :(
    Thank you.

2. Lululove

Lululove New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have you tried autoimmune diet? Its very restrictive but a lot of people grow their hair back on it. There are people on YouTube that document their experience and offer diet ideas.

3. Lululove

Lululove New Member

Dislikes Received:
    They offer recipe ideas for the autoimmune diet

I tried it and had so many baby hairs but as soon as I went back to eating normal I lost all of them.

So what do you valube more? Eat whatever you want or to have normal thickness hair?

For me I chose food lol
    But hopefully I can start it again and stay on it

4. 4Robins

4Robins Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for replying.
    These forums are so quiet these days and they're so necessary for people going through things like these :(

I had never heard of the autoimmune diet. Is that recommended for Androgenetic Alopecia too? Or do you think I could be suffering from an autoimmune disorder?

I literally have no clue and think doctors have no clue either.

5. Lululove

Lululove New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I read about it and found about it in youtube
    Some people have food allergies that they don't know of and ate hard to predict.
    Lots of people have side effects from fructose and starchy foods others don't do well with dairy and most people have some gluten sensitivity!
    I have hairloss and dental demineralization and kept going from one doctor to the next and no one helped. I requested to have an upper endoscopy and then they tested me for celiac and guess what? I have celiac disease! And they never thought to test me for it until my 30s??? As soon as I stopped eating gluten my hairloss lessoned but unfortunately as soon as I eat white rice or potatoes or too much fruits or God forbid sugar.. I lose more hair even though I'm gluten free. I actually did a 3 week green juice cleanse mostly spinach and kale and I juiced them at home because too much fiber hurts me ( I have lots of problems lol) and I took multivitamins and omega 3 oil that has vitamin D in it. My naturopath told me to take 3000 of the omega oil so basically I take 3000 omega 3 and 3000 Vitamin D along with the green juice and no other food and I also did onion juice scalp treatment whenever i knew I was just going to chill at home for 2 hours and wash it out. I swear I had so much baby hairs! And my hair stopped breaking and my nails were growing stronger and so fast. My teeth were still the same lmao but I also have fibromyalgia and the only time it completely went away was when I did the green juice diet. Whenever I got really hungry I ate chicken salad just the chicken and lettuce no tomato.

You don't have to do what I did but honestly try the autoimmune diet or the elimination diet. Dr axe on youtube talks about the elimination diet and the autoimmune diet is everywhere on google. Just make sure you ask your doctor if its ok for u to try. I got the OK from my doctor and went ahead with it.
    As I have mentioned before I didn't stick to it and all my new growth was lost and went back to hairloss and fibromyalgia pain but hopefully my goal for 2020 is to start it again and try to stick to it.
    By the way the hardest thing to give up was sugar and the more you crave it drink water! That helped me lots with the sugar craving!
    If you have any other questions don't be shy
    I don't have any medical license or whatever all I can talk is from my own experience.
    Btw I have both diffused hairloss in the middle as well as male pattern baldness as well as a bald patch I got from way when I was younger
    So I have few kinds of hairloss :p *lucky me*

6. Lululove

Lululove New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Check these channels on youtube
    RealWorldAIP
    Deepa Berar
    Dr axe

7. Lululove

Lululove New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Also try Nizoral shampoo you have to leave it on at least 3 minutes before you rinse it out otherwise you're just waisting your time and money
    Also theres a guy on youtube named Stephan (that's his channel name) he does onion garlic apple cider vinegar scalp mask and it seems to really work for him.
    Worked for me too but got lazy and stopped doing it. Also castor oil seriously helps! Apply it with a cotton ball only on the scalp tiniest amount ever so that it doesn't get on the lengths of the hair cus it can make it look greasy and its hard to wash it out of hair but washes off well from the scalp. It works by encouraging blood circulation to your scalp and your hairs will get longer and stronger and makes the roots of the hair strong so that they don't die prematurely.
    And most of all never ever give up hope!
    Btw you can substitute any vegetarian protein instead of the chicken I eat just make sure you soak it the night before