Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Covering up Rogaine use

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Stonefox, Mar 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Stonefox

Stonefox Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys I'm thinking of starting Rogaine :-( this terrifies me for the obvious reasons. Partly because I'm young and the fact it's a forever thing. The dredshed, the wrinkles etc. No one knows about my hairloss and I would like to keep it that way. I'm going to be using the 5% foam. Does anyone have any tricks to hide the fact they use it? I wish it came in a plain bottle. The liquid would be easy to just transfer it into another bottle but the foam not so much :-(

2. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I use the generic foam from Costco and the label is a sticker. It might take some work getting it completely off, but it's definitely removable. You don't need a Costco membership to order from their web site.

3. Stonefox

Stonefox Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm from the uk and they don't do Rogaine at our Costco :-(

4. losing_it

losing_it Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty young too (27, started Rogaine at 26), and trust me. I definitely wanted to hide it at first and I still do, but ultimately once your hair starts looking healthier and you are happier, you will become less and less concerned about other people knowing. If someone found out now, I would just say something like "yeah, my hair started falling out because I was anemic, so I was using Rogaine and I like the way it made my hair look, so I still use it." If someone is going to judge you for that, they ain't worth your time.

5. mrvitous26

mrvitous26 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I definitely get it. This started for me when I as 24, now I am 28. I don't really give a sh** what people think though. Oddly most women don't even pay attention, when I am at the gym using it. Lol. They are more interested in what they are doing. A few have asked, and I have no problem sharing. It is what it is. It actually may give some women hope, who may be dealing with the same thing.

I totally get where you are coming from, just my 2 cents.

6. JeHope

JeHope Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I use the rogaine foam and just take the sticker off the bottle. It just looks like a bottle of mousse! Also, I buy the three month supply from Amazon so I never have to go in the store to buy it.

7. sarvnaz123

sarvnaz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't talk about using Rogaine, but I am ok if people find out about it, so I don't go out of my way to hide it. I use the 5% foam and when buying it at the store, I always buy the 3 month supply of the men's Rogaine foam with my other groceries. That way at the check out, they will just think it is for my husband or something.

Just a note - I have looked the ingredients of the men's Rogaine foam vs. the Women's Rogaine foam, and they are exactly the same. The difference is only in the application (men's suppose to use it twice a day and women's once a day). But the men's 3 month supply has 3 bottles in it, and women's 3 month supply has only 2 for the same price!!!! So you will save more money if you buy the men's version.