Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

CRC Scalp Concealing Cream (QVC)

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by RobinL71, Apr 19, 2008.

1. RobinL71

RobinL71 Guest

I use the blonde and the light brown... together it blends in perfectly w/ my own haircolor...

2. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Hi Robin ~

So funny. I use the same combination of colors.

And I like your bangs.

I just cut bangs yesterday because I have a high forhead, which became higher over the years.

I submit pic soon.

Jersey girl, dont go anywhere! :mrgreen:

3. ravinhawn

ravinhawn Guest

Hi, i just received my CRC Cream, i put it on my scalp with the special brush and it never dried and left my hair all greasy.. did i do something wrong? Anyone have the same problem or special application suggestions to avoid this greasy mess?

4. RobinL71

RobinL71 Guest

you're using too much if that happens...

a very, very little goes a long way.

Here's what I do... I squeeze out just a little tiny bit onto some paper... literally 1/4 the size of a small baby pea... then I take my damp stippler brush and dot it up and down spreading the drop outwards on the paper... then I dot the brush up and down on my scalp in a circular motion... after that sets and if I need more... I repeat the process... but I never do this more than twice...

Then I let it set or hit it w/ a blowdryer... then comb through and style as usual...

5. ravinhawn

ravinhawn Guest

Thanks so much for your help, i'll try this tonight and I'll let you know how it turns out!

6. hairyape

hairyape Guest

The product works great, I find, if you apply it with the brush to the scalp areas while the hair is still damp, and then blow-dry.

7. TracyGayle

TracyGayle Guest

Im still waiting for my order to come in, its been on backorder for a while now

8. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Tracy, i cancelled my order through the CRC site and ordered it from QVC. They are out of the Black shade, but i got the regular brown and the brush. I got it today. I'm going to try it out tomorrow and let y'all know how it goes :) I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but i really, really want it to be better than using toppik. I enjoy the coverage with toppik, but can't seem to ever get it off my scalp. I'm hoping this cream will be a different story :)

9. eco_girl

eco_girl Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Angela- looking forward to seeing how this works for you- since I have similar loss, and use toppik- perhaps it will be worth a switch?

10. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well, i came home today and opened up the package.. and QVC actually sent me TWO tubes of it instead of one... i wonder if it was a buy one get one sale and i just didn't realize it? I'm going to try it tomorrow :) I'll let you know how it goes :)

11. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    UGH! Well, i hate to say it... but i don't like it :( I think it would be GREAT for people with minimal loss, but if you have to cover a large majority of your scalp, like me... it's really not worth the effort. Toppik takes two minutes to apply... this would take me 10 or 15... or more... and i'd have to use A LOT. Have you seen those before and after pics. on the site - especially the first one (the girl with the really wide part)? Well, i'm thinking that girl needs to use at least 1/4 - 1/2 a tube per application!!! Maybe i'm just applying it wrong? i really don't know, but my initial reaction was that i'm not impressed :( However, i will say that I'm going to use it to cover my grey hairs... i don't want to use hair dye because i'm afraid of an allergic reaction - so this will do as a cover up for now - so i didn't completely waste my money...

12. eco_girl

eco_girl Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Angela- sounds like I shouldn't rush out to buy it. Although I like your idea of covering gray- I have some too- and I don't want to color- last time I did, I had a big shed.

13. RobinL71

RobinL71 Guest

awww... sorry angela... it does have a money back return...

I think it's all in the application... you should try it a couple of more times before you throw in the towel... the first time I used it I wasn't impressed... but after that I just thinned out what I was applying and did real thin layers... and it seemed to work fine.

14. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Does anyone know if this would work at the hairline? I have a small chunk that I've been concealing with a root touch up stick. I'd have to say what Im using works pretty good! Although Id like to try something better!

15. ravinhawn

ravinhawn Guest

Well, I tried it and I don't like it either. First, I used too much and my hair was extremely oily, then i used a small amount, 1/4 the size of a pea and i can't get anything to stick to my scalp, i am using that stippler brush to apply it . I don't know i'm really frustrated with the stuff, don't like it at all. :(

16. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    me neither... i hate it :(

17. cookielady

cookielady Guest

Re:

Really wanted to try the crc concealing cream and stipple brush, but after checking on QVC, I
    was horrified at the cost to get it here! $19.96 for shipping! By the time I paid for the $28.50 for the cream and the $18.50 for the brush and then the shipping, I was looking at just over $66.00 for a small tube.

Really hate the idea that for a small tube and a small brush they are charging so much for shipping. I buy on ebay a lot and I have never paid that high a price for shipping such small items.

Oh well, back to trying to find something locally.

18. RobinL71

RobinL71 Guest

I really wish i was geographically closer to you girls so I could demonstrate my application and styling techniques on you all...

out of everything I tried while I was thinning... the crc scalp concealing cream and the ShaBo scalp cosmetics worked the best all around... toppik, dermmatch and fullmore all made my hair look weird and unnatural... but the crc and shabo did a good job of concealing while still allowing my hair to look normal...

I'm seriously thinking of getting my cosmetologist's license just so I can open up a hair salon specifically for women w/ thinning and hair loss issues...

19. Artista

Artista Guest

Please do, then move to San Francisco please! :jump: It's such a field that needs more knowledgable women. You'd be awesome in it!

20. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    My sister-in-law just got her hair-cutting degree (i'm sorry, i can't think of the proper term for it right now)... she lives in Connecticut. she knows all about me and my struggles and i told her that this was an area that she should focus on as well if she were to ever open her own shop. Personally, i haven't been to a salon in over 14 years because i got tired of hairdressers telling me that my hair was falling out and asking me if i knew i was thinning... and that was when it FIRST started... so as it progressed i just started cutting my own hair to avoid the whole situation. We need more caring women to go into the field to help other women because it's such an ordeal going to the salon when you're thinning. If there were more caring, understanding, knowledgeable women out there that dealt with this every day, i would not have a problem going back... but there aren't :( So, all of that to say... Robin, you should totally do it!! :)