Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Cte Or Androgenetic Alopecia? Pics Included. Needing Help!

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by tula, Sep 24, 2018.

1. llaa

llaa New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear you have been going through this for so long it really does suck :( I'm trying to remain positive and remember that I'm not sick and still have my health.

Totally agree with you, there seems to be no support at all for hair loss here :( I've been driving myself crazy , it takes over your life as its all you can think about, I currently have bad hair envy whenever I see someone with beautiful hair, I think I just need to start to accept it.

Farrah711 likes this.
  2. Farrah711

Farrah711 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Could u tell me what DIM is?
    Thanks in advance

3. tula

tula Member

Dislikes Received:
    DIM is a supplement used to help balance hormones. It is supposed to get rid of the bad estrogen and just help balance overall. I was on one brand for a little over a year and when that one was out of stock everywhere my naturopath told me to try this other brand. I did and at the same time I had to deal with a small cancer thing and then 3 months later I noticed my hair falling out. I thought it was the stress from the cancer (I’m good though!) and was waiting for it to resolve. It didn’t and then after about a year I realized it was probably the different brand. Shedding drastically reduced two weeks after stopping.
    I think the DIM worked too well and made my estrogen go too low. I had so many menopausal symptoms but still had a period, though irregular.
    I have read others who have hairctroubkes say DIM has caused them problems. It started mine

4. Farrah711

Farrah711 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you!
    So glad to hear you are healthy now.