Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Curious. Just a poll.

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Tori, Mar 20, 2011.

?

Do you have any other scalp issues that you may or may not relate to your hair loss?

1. No - but have other autoimmune issues

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - no other autoimmune issues

25.0%
  3. Yes - and other autoimmune issues

25.0%
  4. No scalp or other autoimmune issues at all

50.0%
  1. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Inflammation, pain, dermatitus etc?

If you want to add to your answer, just reply to the post.

Thanks everyone!

2. littlenewo

littlenewo Guest

I get eczema patches and sores sometimes.

3. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    For those who have no other issues, what is you age, diagnoses etc? Anything else you can add?

4. FLgirl

FLgirl Guest

Hi Tori, I probably have Androgenetic Alopecia (not confirmed), age 40. I don't have other scalp issues besides occasional scalp pain. Recently was told I have psoriasis on my leg and arm. That is new for me. HTH.

5. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks FLgirl!

6. beachlover24

beachlover24 Guest

scalp inflammation as of late 2009...not sure if i still have it, and hypothyroidism.

age- 26

7. Hennared

Hennared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Age: 44. Diagnosis: (by self) CTE (various long list of reasons why I believe that)

onset: age 42 - sudden, frightening massive shedding wherein which I lost ~40% of my hair in a few months (continued loss but at a slower pace, now)

Psoriasis on the back of my neck (localized) since I was 18. No known autoimmune disease in my past, HOWEVER it is possible I am developing Hashimotos thyroidosis (sp) as I 'clinically present' with consistently out of whack thyroid values in bloodwork. I either am developing Hashis or have some sort of erratic secondary hypothyroid thing going on.

8. curly locks8

curly locks8 Guest

No other issues (of course, my husband blames stress.)
    I am 39, but hair has been thinning for the last 10 years- much worse in the last 3 years, after having babies (maybe stress...)
    After scalp biopsy, doctor told me it was androgenetic alopecia- hereditary- nothing to do.
    When I tried Rogaine (twice in the last 10 years) my scalp was miserably irritated. I have sensitive skin- eczema and such, so the Rogaine was a no-go.

9. RugBug

RugBug Guest

Stress Induced TE began in October 2010...biopsy showed Androgenetic Alopecia....low ferritin, insufficient Vitamin D. Adrenal fatigue. Celiac. Otherwise, pretty darned healthy. age 49 and SOOOO holding.

10. haygirl326

haygirl326 Guest

lifelong eczema, (but rarely on scalp) mostly on legs, back, arms.
    definitely a VERY sore scalp during active Alopecia Areata even the wind blowing my hair hurts!! :shock:
    Tracy

11. Jubilee

Jubilee Guest

five years ago, after my husband had been sick for 8 mos and then passed away I had inflammation, itching, burning, redness at the nape of my neck where my hair loss now is most obvious. It lasted for months and I'm not sure what finally helped clear it up, but I think it was Scalpicin.

Currently, I am experiencing a rash on the back of my neck that cortisone creme is not controlling. It's a hard area to observe with a mirror (or two), so I'm not sure how visible it is, but I scratch at it every day. I should maybe see a derm again.

12. selene

selene Guest

About the same time my hair started falling out, I started having trouble with eczema for the first time ever. It was all over my hands, but not on my scalp. I also had weird inflammation all the time. If I got a scratch, for example, it would swell up far more than usual.

13. Hayley

Hayley Guest

I have no scalp or skin conditions, nor any autoimmune diseases that i know of. But i experienced that funny spider crawling across the scalp feeling at night every once in a while, years before i realised i was thinning.

Androgenetic Alopecia and TE, no history of anything similar in my family

14. xanthippe

xanthippe Guest

36 with Androgenetic Alopecia (no biopsy or anything, just a doctor looking at my head and normal blood work). I am adopted so I have no way of knowing if it runs in my family. It started over 3 years ago, right when my fiance left me to marry a nurse and my parents kicked me out of the house I was renting from them because they found someone that would pay a higher rent. And I lost my dog (sounds like a country song). So maybe stress triggered Androgenetic Alopecia? No idea.

Anyway I don't think I have any other scalp issues except it gets SO ITCHY. I don't have dandfuff or inflamtion so the itchiness baffles me. :dunno:

15. aries

aries Guest

I have scalp pain, like someone pulled my hair. Also, at the same time my hair loss began, I started with seasonal allergies and migraines.