Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Dec 8,2005/hair transplant

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by moviegirl, Dec 11, 2005.

1. moviegirl

moviegirl Guest

Hi Ladies,

I spent several days in NYC and had my 2nd hair transplant Thurs. Dec 8th. I followed the guidelines to the bone such as no alcohol one week prior to surgery, drink lots of fluids, no asprin,etc..things that cause excessive bleeding. That can cause delays or make the surgery longer or more complicated.

I arrived at 7:30 AM and did not leave 'til 3PM or so. It takes a couple of hours to get everything ready like numbing the scalp and seeing what areas look best to work on. I didn't use any Toppik or hair thickener--they want freshly shampooed hair and such. They use a steel looking silver comb to go thru the hairs and then you discuss what you want/doctor thinks looks best,etc.
    My thinning was primarily the top part of my scalp near the bangs area. It needed thickening up a bit. I was surprised to learn it's more difficult to get more hairs the 2nd time around because of less grafts. I have been popping supplements,vitamins and such for several months and I think it helped getting more grafts for me :) He(Dr. Walter Unger) walked in and looked very happy for me. I think he was hoping for 300-500 grafts but I got a little over a 1000 :D HOT DANG!!(excuse me, an old expression of mine that I still love to use from time to time!) Now I am back home and am to soak my hair in epsom salts for a week and really baby it.
    My scalp is somewhat sore but it's part of it. I will need the sutures removed in a few days and the crusts should have fallen off by then.

I am slowly but surely seeing a hairline again and I just want things to get back on track!!

If anyone choses this cosmetic route, the advancements are tremendous cosmetically looking. It's not an overnight success but it's worth it in the long run. If it's one thing I'm learning is patience and hope are key!

Best,
    Moviegirl

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Good for you!! I assume this is a pretty expensive option--but well worth it if it works!

3. dee01832

dee01832 Guest

MOvie.
    Congrats--- do you have photos? And if you would share the expense for your surgery?

4. G-G

G-G Guest

Congrats on your 2nd surgery. I am thinking of a transplant while I have donor hair and I am not nursing anymore. If you don't mind could you tell me how much your grafts cost? Just a little curious. My husband said he didn't care how much it cost as long as I was happy.

5. wyonna

wyonna Guest

My hair transplant was on Oct 28th

I posted today about the cost and progess so far an other post...... I am happy I did it and will do another if needed....