Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

deciding on what to do

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by snowdrop, May 16, 2007.

1. snowdrop

snowdrop Guest

i have posted once on this site and told my story a few weeks ago..since that time..i have lost more hair from the same spot..i now have a bald spot about 4 inches around on the right side of my head..i have a dematologists appointment tomorrow for the first time. my dr has already told me its stress related..thats why my hair is falling out..i try not to get stressed..but sometimes thats asking the impossible..i am sure you all have expierenced that,anyway..i am seriously beggining to think..why not just go ahead and buy a wig now..i have a feeling i shall lose more of my hair anyway,so rather than sit and worry about what it already likely to happen..just buzz cut what i have left of,and go for the wig now..how have any of you dealt with this? any ideas?

2. megs82

megs82 Guest

Looking back now, I wish I had looked into wigs before my alopecia got worse. My mind always played the game "it just can't get worse then this." But then it would get worse and worse and worse. Now I have over 50% hairloss and am now desperately trying to figure out a hair solution.

Best of luck!

3. the_girl_who

the_girl_who Guest

i'm in the same situation....what to do? sorry good luckw tih what you go ahead with x

4. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

i waited until it was no longer hidable, then "bit the bullet" just went and did it, tried on wigs, the lady i went to was so helpful, and made the process much easier, and having my b/f with me helped as well. after i found the wig i liked, i just had the wig lady shave off the rest of my hair, not that there was much lol.

i think it's an individual choice on when to look into it. it's a big step, and an admission that there is an issue with your hair.

5. megs82

megs82 Guest

Yeah, it is a big step, but when you're in the final stages of losing your hair there's even more emotions piled on top of it. I'm glad to hear your visit went so well. When I went to the wig store, the lady was so rude and so not helpful. I will definitely have a referral from now on for stores....

6. Cgirl

Cgirl Guest

I haven't even been diagnosed yet but I have about almost a 4 inch spot on one side of my hair as well. I'm still trying to find a derm and I too have been thinking all day about whether I should just go buy a wig now even though I can't even afford to go to the derm and have no money in savings or a job.

I'm hoping and praying that my hair loss doesn't get worse but now I'm scared there will be a possibility that I will lose more hair...:(

7. Cgirl

Cgirl Guest

I haven't even been diagnosed yet but I have about almost a 4 inch spot on one side of my hair as well. I'm still trying to find a derm and I too have been thinking all day about whether I should just go buy a wig now even though I can't even afford to go to the derm and have no money in savings or a job.

I'm hoping and praying that my hair loss doesn't get worse but now I'm scared there will be a possibility that I will lose more hair...:(