Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Deem recommended Head and Shoulders?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by bc2005, May 17, 2015.

1. bc2005

bc2005 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Derm recommended Head and Shoulders?

My derm recommended head and shoulders because I've been dealing with scalp issues like itching, burning, and pain. She said it's good because it contains zinc and is anti inflammatory. But then I read it could cause hair loss? Anyone know if it's good for your scalp? Is this derm just totally wrong? I don't want to use something that's going to cause more hair loss!

#1 bc2005, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
  2. Eunmi

Eunmi Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using H&S shampoo for years and never experienced hair loss from it. I have read where the clinical strength causes it, because of the selenium sulfide in it, but I'm not too sure on that either. The only way I can see it causing hair loss is from an allergic reaction with some of the ingredients in it.

3. Wolf924

Wolf924 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    My dev derm is controlling my life and I think it's the cause of my loss. Any tips? Has anyone tried topical melatonin?

- - - Updated - - -

My dev derm is controlling my life and I think it's the cause of my loss. Any tips? Has anyone tried topical melatonin?

- - - Updated - - -

***seb derm

4. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wolf-There is a group facebook group for SD. Even though now cures its a good place to read/ideas....

5. Wolf924

Wolf924 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    How to I get to that?? I think this is the cause of my loss and it's driving me mad.

6. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Search "Seborrheic Dermatitis/ Worse than Dandruff :/" on facebook. It should pop up.