Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Dentist & Teeth Problems

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by Vlal, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Vlal

Vlal Guest

I am really sad.

I have had nothing but problems with my teeth the past 3 years. I have had chronic disease issues since 10 and this has had an impact on my general body wellbeing, but I never had more than the average problems that people have with teeth.

From 2004-2006, I had a particularly bad period of ill health, and from 2004 onwards I have had 5 teeth filled and now one root canal, with goodness knows what happening tomorrow... I am scared because I am phobic of the dentist and it is costing me an arm and a leg!!

:cry:

Vicky-Louise

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Are you having the root canal tomorrow? I've had 4 so know a bit about it.

3. AmandaC

AmandaC Guest

I love getting my teeth cleaned, because they look so nice afterwards, However, anything involving the drill makes me run. I can't stand that damn noise! I am sorry you are having such a hard time with your teeth. My sister is the same way. Every six months when she goes in, she has to have either a filling, a crown, a root canal, a veneer, or somthing majorly costly. It is very bad for her, because she doesn't have dental insurance. Why does it have to cost an arm and a leg for tooth repair? How can something so small be so expensive to fix? Heck, hand me a pair of pliers and let me yank the tooth out....

4. Vlal

Vlal Guest

Lily - I had the first root canal done a while back (in the summer). I wonder if this one - current painful tooth - is going to turn into another root canal procedure. Ufff...

5. Vlal

Vlal Guest

AmandaC,

I know this is going to sound weird, but I keep fantasising about just getting it yanked out lol :lol: because it's causing me so much pain! The problem I seem to get is that the infected matter goes into my sinus cavity, which in turn causes me pressure in my upper gum/lower cheek and a great deal of pain there as well as the tooth. I don't know why I keep getting it happen, but it seems to occur when I get a viral infection. I don't really understand it, but unfortunately I have low immunity (due to my other health issues) and on top of that, apparently this can contribute to my mouth fighting the bacteria present... basically my oral bacteria fighting properties are not as effective as a healthy person. Like your sister, I am just doomed it seems. My sister is fine - she is so lucky. I guess I also inherited the bad tooth genes in my family as well.

Vicky-Louise

6. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I always wonder about teeth problems and hair problems--in my case, I share a dental genetic abnormality with two of my mother's siblings. You guessed it--they are also the two who lost hair. As far as root canals, after all my problems, my feelings are this--when you need one, you cant wait to get it because it's the answer to the pain. Good luck!

7. Vlal

Vlal Guest

Lily,

Ha you are so right - the pain is awful and you guessed it... I went today and they did a root canal! I have a temporary filling, some antibiotics and I will go back next week to have it properly filled.

I am the only one in my family with hair problems :( aside from my dad who is balding.

V-L :)

8. karie_bell098

karie_bell098 New Member

Dislikes Received: