Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Dermatitis and Hair Loss

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by viinca, Mar 9, 2016.

1. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Chelle!! Thats how mine was at first. Bad burning and itch. My shedding is on stable side now but this SD now 4 years still trying to fight it! I was also on a ton of antibiotics before all this hapened.. :(

2. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:

Have you tried using probiotics? I got a fungal infection on my torso after antibiotics and it only went away after I added probiotics to the mix. I take Innovix labs that I buy on Amazon.

3. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have..A few different ones and didnt seem to know. Took them about a year. Trying supplemental right now with vita/minerals.

4. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    DisTressing, I just looked up the DHS Shampoo and there where a ton of good reviews on Amazon. I'm thinking about trying it out! I just get nervous trying new products as I always end up with a bad reaction :(

5. DisTressing

DisTressing Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think it would work for a lot of people. It didn't for me- I experienced a facial reaction, but don't go by that - I cannot use any shampoo at all lately for whatever strange reason. My face will not tolerate anything. It seemed great for my scalp and fine for my hair. It didn't cause additional shedding.

6. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    That gives me some motivation to try it :) I really need to do something and stop being scared .

7. ElPatoEllington

ElPatoEllington Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    This is random but I'm going to be outside all day tomorrow and I'm going to have to wear a helmet. I'm worried about how this will affect my SD with all the rubbing and the possibility of moisture getting trapped! Does anyone have any suggestions about how to minimize the damage? I don't think I'll have the option to wear one of those with the ventilated slits :\