Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Dermatologists with Hair Specialty in Central or Northern NJ, or NYC

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by greeneyes, Jul 14, 2013.

1. greeneyes

greeneyes New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi...I have been having hair loss since I was 14 - being in my mid thirties I am at a point where I just want to be 80 so that it doesn't matter if you are bald or not. I have been using hair concealers - dermmatch and nanogen. But I have lost a lot of hair (esp with Dermmatch). Though initially it was a life saver, now my hairline started showing and using this combination makes it look terrible. I wish dermmatch didn't take the shine from your hair to give it a natural look. I even thought of hair transplant but gave up. Now I have started thinking about a hair system - but before I go that route I would like to see what caused my hair loss, I've never seen a doctor for this - neither my parents or siblings have any hair problems. But my aunt (from my moms side) has serious problems. I was wondering if anyone could provide recommendations of good dermatologist with speciality in hair loss in norther/central NJ or New York City. Most of them I looked up are ones who are in the hair transplant business and I'd rather not go to someone like that. A genuine, empathetic, dermatologist who would tell me exactly what caused my hair loss, prescribe lab tests, and give me his/her suggestions on what to do. I am petrified that I will have to make that visit without my hair concealer but I am going to do that for saving the little hair I have left and make some decisions as well on what to do.

Thanks!