Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Dermmatch Vs Joan Rivers

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Adi, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Adi

Adi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello!

I am told that these 2 products are very similar - Anyone have any experience. Is one considerably better than the other? Also, how much did you buy it for. It seems DM is $50 for one box on the website and JR is $20 for 2? Bu JR site says they are out of the brunette shade.. which is odd to me. How can you be run out of your own product.

Thanks for any help.

2. CKingAnswers

CKingAnswers Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have used both and they are very similar. Dermmatch is supposed to be applied wet (you wet the applicator then rub it in the Dermmatch and apply to your scalp- leaving a muddy scenario that has to be dried- but it holds well) However, I have always applied Dermmatch dry, the same as Joan Rivers. I think the Dermmatch color turns out a bit lighter when applied. I used to prefer Dermmatch but now prefer Joan Rivers, simply for the color preference. Joan Rivers Brunette is about the same as Dermmatch Dark Brown. Joan Rivers Brunette is fairly dark. If your hair is a medium or lighter brown, you might be better off with the lighter shade. Anyways, to answer your question as simply as possible...yes, they are very similar. I have found that Dermmatch lasts a lot longer but it is more expensive.