Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Diane 35 making things worse???

Discussion in 'Medications that can cause Hair Loss' started by Blue Bird, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

its about the same when I buy it...

2. angieangie

angieangie Guest

How much do other birth controls cost? I got 3 months of Linessa for free, but it may be because it's lighter and I'm under 18. I never used it though. I'm gonna give it to my cousin because she uses it.

3. alicat

alicat Guest

I have no idea...maybe 15-20 bucks a pack? Waaay cheaper than Diane. But then again, Diane 35 is not approved as a BCP. It is androgen therapy!

4. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Do you think Yasmin or Yaz are more expensive than regular BC? I heard they were some of the better ones.

5. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

I think they cost the same.. :)

6. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Awesome. I hope they're not super expensive.

7. alicat

alicat Guest

they shouldn't be. most BCP are around the same cost. diane 35 isn't a BCP so that's why it's so damn expensive. i really wish they would lower the cost of it!!

8. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Maybe if it get more popular and more people start taking it, the prices will go down.

9. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Normally, yes, in a free market, but in medicin they seem to forget that it's also a free market. It is more like 'a depency market', (we are depent to the medicin).

10. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Heather, I still have thought about your thinning and diane and I can't figure it out. It could be that you are sensitive to it and end up with the opposite effect, but still, my intuition says 'no, not the case'. I just dont think you will be thinning that fast as you said after 2 months of taking diane. It does not work that fast I think! (you cannot see a positive effect either after two months either, isn't it, after starting diane. Takes months..)

So, I am still lost, just like you..;-). But I still believe diane is good for you. You also seems to have the original one (does it really say Diane 35 on the box?) and that is good. In the Netherlands a lot of girls had bad experiences with generic diane35. In holland we use diane 35 from the company Schering).

Hairloss is so difficult!! I have rheuma, that is a desease they do not understand either, but god, they know so much better how to handle that!. I talked to another patient lately and he was not even worried anymore about the medicins:
    'Well, if this medicin does not work anymore for me, at that time they already have something new that works. Then I will just switch to that one. I already have had many medicins'. What a faith! And...he is correct! For a desease that they do not understand, there are a lot of combinations of medicins.

You 'die' of the side effects :crazy: , but he...I just wish I could say 'I just switch to another one' for my rheuma as well, but certainly for hairloss!!

11. alicat

alicat Guest

It could be popular and just don't know it. We don't go around talking about waht drugs we take. At least I don't!!

12. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I hear a lot of people talking about birth controls... but maybe since it's illegal in the States it might not become as popular.