Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

diasipam, does it cause hair loss

Discussion in 'Medications that can cause Hair Loss' started by krapiva, Oct 18, 2005.

1. krapiva

krapiva Guest

I am having a bad day today...shed is way up..i broke down and too some of my mom's diasipam (sp?)...i believe it's the same as valium...should i expect even worse shed tomorrow?

2. tbacchi

tbacchi Guest

I actually take that when I fly. It's called Diazepan (I think). I never had a problem with it.
    T.

3. leia1993

leia1993 Guest

I think it takes much longer to see any adverse affects from taking medication -- certainly more than 1 day...

I also take diazepam on occasion and have never noticed a correlation between taking it/more shedding... I think you are OK.

4. krapiva

krapiva Guest

this is really good news...thank you..i'll keep on taking it...it does make me feel a lot better...i don't take it every day, only when i can't sleep...or get one of those crying spells..

5. leia1993

leia1993 Guest

Please don't cry! :lol: (But, I understand why you do...)

6. krapiva

krapiva Guest

i promised i won't today...i did last tuesday..it seems to be a tuesday thing *may be cuz i wash my hair on sat..and by tuesday it starts looking like crap*...i promised my fiance not to cry today...btw, Leia, how's revivo? still working? mine is probably in the mail, but our mailboxes got broken into, so now we need to go go post office to get our mail...and we're too lazy to do it more than once a week...i can't wait to start on it...

7. leia1993

leia1993 Guest

I am still loving the revivogen... My shed is STILL WAY DOWN (knocking on wood here)... Probably 20 hairs max all day the past couple of days. I try to maximize its effects by putting it on in the steam room at the gym after workouts each night, ha ha... :lol: I swear, I am going to stick with this stuff unless I suffer a serious setback... Also going to stick wtih the iron supplements since my ferritin was a mere 30... Good luck with the stuff, I hope it works for you!!

8. krapiva

krapiva Guest

I am praying it will...something has to! i'll keep you posted...

9. redclaire

redclaire Guest

Is Revivogen like Rogaine? If you start and stop do you go through the dread shed?

10. krapiva

krapiva Guest

well...the main difference is that revivo is all natural, and rogaine is a drug...revivo is both a DHT inhibitor which has some regrowth potential...it has azelaic acid, which i believe is a strong alpha 5 reductase blocker...and zinc + B6 combo, which was said to regrow hair...you only need to use it once a day, not twice...it often doesn't cause dread shed, cuz most dht inhibitors dont' since it's primary way of action is by inhibiting DHT not speeding up growth cycle...however, since it does speed up growth cycle a little bit, you can have a shed from it...as to maintenence...i've heard people on the maintenence program use it once every 3 days...*look in Admin's profile*...so my guess, and it's a guess...if you quit it, not all hair will fall out not as fast as with rogaine...it's kinda like a safer, all natural alternative...

again, rogaine has nothing to do with DHT, it simply superficially enlarges the hair folicle...so once you stop using it, folicle shrinks to it's previous size...

11. redclaire

redclaire Guest

I guess the thing is, is I'm thinking of getting it for my husband and the temptation for me to use it is there. My derm told me I could start Rogaine, but I think she doesn't know what she's talking about. I can't understand why anyone would tell someone with TE to start Rogaine, knowing that it's a life llong commitment. I don't want to stop this shed to have to go through it all over again.
    I suppose I was just considering the fact that the Revivogen my spead up my recovery. But honestly, I need to sit and wait. I barely started my thyroid meds in June, I really need to give myself time. Yet, it doesn't feel as if I have a whole lot of time.

12. krapiva

krapiva Guest

revivo won't do you much good, i don't think so...your problem is not DHT...although they do say that revivo helps with hairloss caused by hormones...i still think they're referring to testosterone/DHT...that's the only hesitation i have about starting it myself, as i am not sure DHT is my problem...

they prescribe rogaine for TE as a growth agent...it speeds up the growth of hair, so your hair filling in faster...basically, what happends if you do have minituarization, rogaine widens the folicle and normal hair regrows...but when you stop, under the influence of DHT folicle gets minituarized again and the new hair falls out...howeve, if you started rogaine, and while on it, resolved the DHT problem...once you've stopped, there's no longer DHT acting on this folicle and it doesn't get minituarized again, and the hair doesn't fall out even after stopping rogaine...so, if the cause is hormonal imbalance that can get corrected it's not necessarily a bad idea to use rogaine while correcting the imbalance and then stop...I don't know how well the above has been proven, but that's my understanding...that's why i've tried to start it 3 times already...

13. leia1993

leia1993 Guest

In my case, I am taking revivogen and I highly doubt that my loss is caused by DHT, either... Yet, I feel it has helped (it could be a coincidence, but I personally don't think it is)... I don't have a diganosis but my orignal loss was medication-induced, stopped for 4 years, and then reemerged during a post-pregnancy shed... There is absolutely no history of genetic hair loss on either sides of my family, so I am skeptical that what I have is Androgenetic Alopecia...

There have been reports of growth potential with Revivogen, and it is all natural, so I don't think it hurts anyone to try it... I myself am seeing less shed as well as new growth sprouting up everywhere, especially along my frontal hairline and temples... Just my two cents.

14. redclaire

redclaire Guest

Ok... ladies, you took a load off my mind. I've been kicking around all of this information and misinformation for so long. I figured that it was silly to use Rogaine for TE because I didn't want to go through a dread shed again. And Revivogen seemed a lot like Rogaine.... seems I am way off.

Ok. I am seeing regrowth, probably a good amount ( but to me it never seems enough). Now, I'm confused as to what I want to do. Aaaaaagh!!!!

15. krapiva

krapiva Guest

ooh...i am soo tempted...Leia, you're good :)...I use revivo shampoo, and like it a lot...it has a lot of the same ingredients as the serum...but yes, it's just shampoo...i won't pick mine up till sat morning...and then, i might just start using it...cuz currently i am only using tricomin, and getting tired of it...

16. leia1993

leia1993 Guest

I honestly don't normally push products -- I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to anything! But I truly believe Revivogen is one of the FEW things worth trying... I almost didn't bother with Revivogen... But I saw things getting worse instead of better, got a little panicky, and decided to try it out before going the Rogaine route for good... So far, I'm glad I have held out.

17. krapiva

krapiva Guest

that was me yesterday...if i could, i'd pour a whole box of rogaine on my head *LOL*...how soon have you started noticing results with revivo? is it gonna be another lllooong waiting period?!

Claire, let your new hair grow...if you want to do 'something', look into viviscal...it's expensive, but i feel it's helping to make my hair grow faster...

18. leia1993

leia1993 Guest

I didn't start seeing any results until after 6 weeks of use... But, I think that's actually pretty good -- they say that you should give these things an average of 6 months-1 year to guage results, and I really wasn't expecting to see anything (if anything!) until a ways down the road.... so, I was quite the happy camper after those 6 weeks...

19. krapiva

krapiva Guest

i think i can do 6 weeks...may be i should make a trip to post office tomorrow morning...scary!

20. redclaire

redclaire Guest

I may have to look into it. My hair grows pretty fast... I'm sure that's why I've been lucky enough to see regrowth already, but it's just the filling in part that bothers me. I know the rules. I know it's going to take at least a year... I just wish I'd accept it