Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Did Loestrin Ruin Anyone Else’s Hair/life?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by AMF927, Feb 18, 2020.

1. AMF927

AMF927 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Its been an almost 3 year long (losing) battle with hair loss from going ON Loestrin FE 1/20. I was on it about 10 months before I even realized my hair was falling out/thinning. I wish I had known how devastating that pill could be for hair but my doctor never mentioned it and I didn’t think twice about it. Naive me thought all birth control was essentially the same. Here I am almost 3 years later, still shedding/ thinning and clearly going down the androgenic alopecia/female pattern hair loss road.

At this point, I just want to know if anyone can relate. I know my hair will never be what it was but I would just want to know I am not alone in the birth control & hair loss journey. Thanks for listening.

2. dancer4925

dancer4925 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I was on birth control for about a year when I noticed hair thinning. No doctor EVER suggested that it could be my birth control until about 3 years later. I was at a new OB/gyn and she urged me to go off of birth control because she has seen links between bc and hair loss. I have been off of it now for about 2 months so it is too soon to tell if there will be any positive changes, but I can empathize with you and also wish doctors talked more about the side effects of medicines they give you

3. AMF927

AMF927 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks so much for your response ❤️

4. elixirhtc

elixirhtc Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for asking one of the most important question that most of the women don't know it would be very beneficial for such women who are losing hair but not stop to be pregnent in 2, 3 years gape...