Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Diffuse Alopecia Areata can be slow...??

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Nesi, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Nesi

Nesi Guest

Ok i was reading on a website about a lady who had a biopsy done and was diagnosed with diffuse alopecia. The biopsy showed mild white blood cells underneath the skin surface. She had slow diffuse hair loss for a year and a half before she got the biopsy.
    This is scary!! So this mean you can have diffuse Alopecia Areata without MAJOR shedding...?

2. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Yeah! I barely shed anymore..not much more than 13 per day. Yet I still see my front area worsening...sucks!

3. Nesi

Nesi Guest

Oh. But you have Androgenetic Alopecia right?

4. Merry

Merry Guest

YES Nesi ~ I've had it for almost 7 years now. You can have lower shedding times and higher. I'm pretty consistent with around 100 a day, but I have had much, much more. The other issue is that some get regrowth and others do not.

There are definitely more people out there with diffuse Alopecia Areata who just don't ever get properly diagnosed. But, I guess it really doesn't matter because there is no good treatment for this.

M

5. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Yeah from too high T.

6. Nesi

Nesi Guest

Yes i see,...... see this is what freaks me out!.... I mean in 7 years Merry i will be bald 100%.
    Im already left with very little. I cant wait to get a biopsy in july...

Merry how is your hair line on the top of your head?

7. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

i hardly shed and am getting thinner by the month on my crown area, the back of the head and sides , i was originally diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia but the derm i saw a few months ago thinks i have diffuse Alopecia Areata, im going to an endo next month to get completely tested and see what the story is..............

8. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Isnt difffuse Alopecia Areata the same as Androgenetic Alopecia?....Im confused!

9. Nesi

Nesi Guest

Hi april. No its Alopecia Areata a diffuse form of it. It is an entirley different hair loss... ;)

10. kaylee

kaylee Guest

oh oops...sorry!

11. catfancy

catfancy Guest

I still kind of think I have diffuse Alopecia Areata. I'm getting another biopsy in October, I think. I *do* have odd spots with strange thinning in them. My hair loss has been pretty slow, too, whatever the hell it is.