Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Diffuse Thinning And Severe Nape Hair Loss

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Amal07, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Jlo

Jlo New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had a lot of curly hair here. My derm said te but damn i thought about lichen cause i have burning and redness but again my hair went away and didn't leave patches of scarring behind just that thinning. I'd like to know what the fuck is happening

Attached Files:

2. Jlo

Jlo New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone?

Attached Files:

3. Delaine

Delaine New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am just curious if you are using whey protein supplements? There is some talk out there about whey protein, working out and hair loss in men. Not sure if it applies to women or if this has been scientifically proven. There are other sites that say whey protein is good for hair loss. I am using whey protein to help gain weight but I cut it in half because I have questions about it. Have you read anything regarding this.

4. ASPRING4SPAN21

ASPRING4SPAN21 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all I have the same thinning at the nape , temples and sides. I had Telogen effluvia which I think was triggered by HRT/moving house this was sept 18 It has since carried on shedding after 4 months of heavy shedding albeit it is a lot less , my hair has never recovered its density just grows thinner hair. I noticed the thinning on the nape alongside itching now and then with the little red rash, but don't know How long it had been like this before I noticed. I have tried all the shampoos, vitamins I have changed diet where I eat very little processed food cut down on sugar. I went to see a trichologist who suggested this is testosterone so I stopped taking that part of the therapy, this has not improved anything by the way and she seemed very flippant And unbothered. I went to see a dermatologist he diagnosed me with Telogen said that doing any tests would be a wasted of time April 2020 was when I started taking oral minoxidil - no improvement when I went back to see him in Nov 2020 he didn’t seem bothered - (You just cannot make it up can you) I also use essential oils massage them into my hair , look after my hair treating it like the most daintiest bunny going - and STILL nothing is improving, SO I am considering going to see a endocrinologist , I have had bloods taken before my last TSH came in at 1.2 the usual stuff was said. “ normal range” Yet like some of you my skin is greasier blonde hair grows on my face I think this is to do with peri though. I am in for bloods again in feb so this will be interesting then if NORMAL comes back I’m off to see the endocrinologist , I feel like its something to do with Thyroid and I AM going to get to the bottom of it I am still young and my hair should not be like this for my age I could accept it better if I was 70 but I am not I dont like feeling unconfident. If anyone has any updates please please let us know how your doing. I will post back again soon, A

5. lila mls

lila mls New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I came across this post while looking for information related to blog search .It's a good post .keep posting and updating information. I would add more information about cooking

6. searching

searching Member

Dislikes Received:

7. searching

searching Member

Dislikes Received:
    I posted this in another thread but please look up antihistamine pills and hair regrowth. I’ve been suffering for -8 yrs with diffused hair loss and now I’m getting the retrograde (back on head and around hairline) I’ve been using rogaine for 8 yrs and it’s slowly not working anymore. I also get scalp pain that hurts when I move my hair in any direction. I’m convinced this is inflammation . So I’ve been doing tons of research on antihistamine and hair regrowth. There are lots of promising medical studies that show regrowth after giving subject groups daily over the counter antihistamine. So the last two days my scalp pain has been horrible. I took one fexofenadine 180mg in the morning and it lessened the pain. The next day my scalp pain was bad again so I took 180 pill in the am and another in the pm. And NO scalp pain!!! I’m going to continue to try taking 1 am and 1 on pill to see. I have nothing to lose at this point. The studies where performed on those with Alopecia Areata but there’s a lot Of other articles mentioning they want to try this on Androgenetic Alopecia as they think it also has an inflammatory component and should work