Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Divorcing, Hair Falling Out, And Scared. Please Some Advice !

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by MeliM, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I'm 34 years old, and have been with my Husband for 9 years. We are now divorcing. I've started suffering with hair loss about 3 years into our relationship. He was always so supportive. Long story short. I had to leave because he started doing drugs, and became abusive. I'm very worried with my hair loss no one else is going to ever want to be with me. I'm very depressed because I feel like I had someone who accepted me no matter what, and now I'll be alone for ever. Has anyone else found love with hair loss? Thank you, to anyone who replies.

Farrah711 likes this.
  2. Hennared

Hennared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    There are a LOT of good men out there who truly accept a woman with hair loss. I think women are more critical about it than most men, to be honest.

I'm in my 50's. I'm nearly through a divorce myself. Yes, my soon to be ex accepted my 10 year long struggle with hair loss.. but he was damaging to me in many other ways.

I have quite thin hair but I actually stopped wearing a wig - and grew my straggly hair waist long! My men friends seem to like it.

I think most men have more of a problem *with our negatives attitudes about our own worth with thin hair* than the hair itself.
    The men worth your time, that is.

3. Gina

Gina Member

Dislikes Received:
    When you are no longer stressed,abused ,I bet it will grow back.

4. Barbarina

Barbarina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, Hennared ! We truly need more posts like yours in here, unfortunately individuums who came to accept the hair loss or found a solution are very rare here. However this is a priceless community and shows you who your real friends are and who are ready to listen, listend and listend and UNDERSTAND

5. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you ladies for your replies. I'm hoping once my stress levels, and depression goes down that it will hopefully subside. I've been taking Nutrafol for 3 months now but haven't noticed anything different in my hair loss. Thank you again!

Farrah711 likes this.
  6. alomom

alomom New Member

Dislikes Received:
    As I read your post I could not log in fast enough to tell you our story. I am the mother of a young women with Alopecia Universalis. When she started to lose her hair I thought I would lose my mind. She has been my hero on how she has accepted her Alopecia Universalis. When we realized she was going to lose all of her hair, we developed a support system to take cues from her as to how she wanted to live her life with Alopecia Universalis. Fast answer was human hair wigs ready for her to wear so that she would not miss a beat in her college life, personal life and professional life. Now that being said, wigs may not be for everyone and I accept this, but once she spoke the word "wig" we were on it. My daughter approached relationships with men was as if she had not lost her hair and that is what I believe was attractive to them. If she was to only focus on the hair loss it might not have turned out well. She found her love a few years after she lost her hair and her boyfriend did not struggle with her hair loss at all. He feel in love with her for who she was and the hair was secondary. Yes, he loves her long human hair wigs and they both believe that wearing a wig is what works for them. You have to approach this condition in a more accepting manner and those that love you now or in the future will be as accepting. Let people know you, let them see the beauty in the inside and the outside usually is not an issue. Michael J Fox said, " happiness comes in proportion to acceptance". I am happy to say our daughter is getting married in a few months and we are moving on. Please let us know if there is anymore we can do for you to assist you in living the best life possible.

Gina and Anna Butcher like this.
  7. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Alomom, thank you so much for sharing your daughters story. She is very lucky to have people like you in her life! And I'm so glad to hear she is getting married, and having a very happy life . I pray that I will have happiness in my life again one day. Thank you again for your kind words :) - Melinda