Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Dncer Update ant inflammatory diet and HRT

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Universalis & Totalis' started by dancer, Dec 5, 2012.

1. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am into week 5 of my diet no caffine, dairy, wheat, sugar or red meat. So far the results have been extremely pleasing. I am feeling loads better, the muscle pain has subsided to only feeling stiff and my energy levels are improving each week. My excema has completely cleared up. I love cooking and eating so it has been important for me to find food that I still enjoy otherwise I wouldnt stick to it! The savory side had been easy but I do like my treats! I found one site on the net really good all her recipes I have tried so far I have have worked really well, in addition I have lost 5 pounds of the 10 I have put on since my hysterectomy and can get back into my some of my clothes! :)

I have been on the lowest HRT patch now for 2 weeks, so far I have only had small twinges from the endo a couple of times which I can cope with, I am just hoping it stays at this level as I am definatly feeling the benefits from the estridol. I have had a whole week of sleeping through most of the night ( usually would have about 6 night sweats each night) and I have not had any nightmares the last week.

The arthritis is not too good but then it has gone very damp and cold here in Wales, I am hoping the things I am taking for this will help in due course.

On a side note (dont think this has anything to do with diet) my right eye has stated growing eyelashes again, frustratingly I have loads of hairs growing below the eyebrow line, ugh not nuch use there!

So after feeling so depressed over how I felt I feel relieved that I may be able to control some of my problems, I just hope things continue to improve.

2. Lost

Lost Guest

Dancer thats good to hear!! at least you know that having giving up so much has had a positive impact on your well being. D.

3. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks lost for replying! Its weird that I am not really missing the things I love, coffee, bread and chocolate, I think because I feel so much better it just doesnt seem worth it to go back to where I was!
    Sara x

4. starshine

starshine Guest

Hi Dancer. I always think it is better to eat healthy, but wow, you have really cut a lot of things. Is it difficult to make good meals without meat, dairy and wheat, in particular? You never know, maybe it has affected your lash growth. I am trying to cut carbs, sugar and caffeine being on Prednisone, but like you, I don't really miss them that much and I actually feel healthier. Hope things continue to improve for you.

5. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Starshine! Its not been too bad with the meals its breakfast and snacks that have been the most difficult, seem to be spending a lot more time cooking but my husband is a great help in the kitchen :)