Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Do you buy your Flora's the same?

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by dragonfly, May 23, 2010.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking that in another few months I'll order another fall from Flora and am wondering whether or not I should order another one just like the one I have, or change it up a bit. What do you do?

2. Roses

Roses Guest

Hi Dragonfly-

I have two floras, one curly and one straight. The curly one is also a different color but not too far off from the straight one. If I were open about wearing pieces, I would totally have different length's and styles. I think it would be so fun to try out a different style and mix and match hair with outfits. For now I keep it to myself but maybe someday I will be brave and get to experiment with different styles.

3. Eztli

Eztli Guest

Right now, I have one fall from Flora, its curly, though I notice it has lost a significant amount of its curl as time has passed. I can also straiten it.

I am planning on ordering some sort of rapunzel wig in the near future. I will have two. It will the hair I have always wanted. Originally I was planning on doing the same as roses, and having a curly and a strait piece in the same color, however given how my current piece has lost its curl, I think I will just get them both strait, and put curls in with a curling iron.

It's important to have two pieces, this is something I have learned the hard way. However, my goal is not to have anyone know I wear hair, so the two I will have are going to be the same. Though yes, I too, wish I had the guts to change my hair style and be like yes, its a wig! then I would have a blond one, a red one, etc.

There is a poster on here (Kaylee) who has a short Flora piece and a very long one as well, I believe she alternates them and just tells people she gets extensions when she wears the long one.

4. Anyone know how many different topper sized Flora has? I was disappointed with the 1.5 by 4.5 inch one I ordered. How big is yours?

5. Eztli

Eztli Guest

You ordered a tiny topper, she also has full toppers, and illusion falls, which is what I have. And of course 3/4 and full wigs.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's important to have two pieces, this is something I have learned the hard way.
    It makes me nervous only having the one, which is why I want to order another right away. I haven't even washed this one yet and I'm already wanting another one :) . I do think I'll order one similar enough to the one I have that it will look like I just changed the style a bit. Some people know I wear wigs as they saw me change often when I was trying to figure out what would work for me. Now that I've found what I want, I want people to get so used to seeing me with this hair that they just forget about it.

7. Does anyobe have photos of an illusion fall from Flora? That is what I would like to order next time around.

8. Beliza

Beliza Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Can't you return the piece to Flora to have the curl restored, I believe she does cuts and alterations for free for the lifetime of the wig? Wouldn't this mean the hair was permed though, or doesn't this kind of processing belong to the "virgin" concept? I inquired with one wig vendor for a blonde curly piece and he said he bleaches virgin light brown hair to blonde and permes it. So, he does use virgin hair, but he processes it to obtain the right colour and texture. (Unlike processed HH that's stripped and dyed.) And he said that when the hair loses its curl, it can be sent back for a new perm.

9. Eztli

Eztli Guest

No, my piece is virgin, no perm, naturally curly hair. It still curls, but the curls are pretty loose. When I first got it they were almost ringlet like. I have a feeling it would be a disaster to get it permed. Back when I had hair, and it was curly, my own hair would lose the curl too (even at the ends) when it got too long, probably from all the brushing, styling, etc. It just always grew out. I am surprised at how well the piece is otherwise, no split ends or anything but the curl is not what it used to be.

10. roxrog

roxrog Guest

Here are a couple pictures of two separate Flora falls. They are both her small Ilusion falls. One is curlier, one is wavier. Both work with my hair and I like the difference.

Attached Files:

11. vcmusic42

vcmusic42 Guest

Roxrog, I love the photos you posted of your Flora! I didn't know she had illusion falls in a curly texture. They both look fantastic. It was also really helpful to read about your lace piece in the other thread. I am new to lace fronts but I definitely want to get one with the bleached knots, like you did. Thanks for posting the pics!

12. roxrog

roxrog Guest

Glad it helped VC. Flora has all kinds of hair. I have seen very curly, wavy and everythig in-between. My curl has not relaxed at all, but I don't stetch it out or use a flat iron. The curlier one is wash and wear only.

13. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for those pics. The wavy one looks VERY much like mine, and I really like the curlier one too. It would be a nice change, just look like I curled my hair more for the day. I can't do straight hair as I need the fullness around my face so the curly one would work for me too. I'm going to order another fall in August, right after I finish paying for the one I have. I'll be talking to Flora about a curlier one.

14. roxrog

roxrog Guest

Your welcome. Just take into consideration how you will get your own hair to match it if you are getting a fall/topper rather than a wig. I can scrunch curl into my hair to get a close enough match to the curly, but some days it isn't quite enough and I have to use a curling iron on my own hair ends to blend.

15. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    roxrog- thank you so much for posting those pics! ABsolutely gorgeous hair!

I haven't gotten as far as thinking about having two. I am just coming to terms with getting one (mid June!! YEA!). Need to think ahead, I guess!

16. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I hadn't even thought about blending my own hair as it is just now starting to grow enough on the sides that it shows under the fall. My own hair is stick straight without one ounce of body so a curly fall probably wouldn't work very well for me. I can get it to blend on the sides quite well with the wavy one I now have, but don't think I could ever get it to blend with a curly one, bummer :( .