Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Does Anyone Know What This Treatment Is Called?

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by FrostedLily, Feb 11, 2019.

1. FrostedLily

FrostedLily New Member

Dislikes Received:
    So I've tested positive for androgenic allopecia twice with bloodwork and biopsy. I wanted a second opinion because most doctors where I lived before were a joke. The second doctor told me about a treatment but I don't know what it's called. He said it's fairly new and he'd have them call me, but they never did. My doctor won't talk to patients over the phone and I don't want to pay for another costly appointment without insurance just to ask about something I might not try.
    He said it was a cream that was basically a mixture mostly consisting of Rogaine, propecia, and turmeric. He said it requires check ups and monitoring from a doctor and that it's somewhere around 80 dollars or more a month.

Does anyone know what it is that he was talking about and has anyone tried it? I'm skeptical about new things.
    Thanks

2. electra

electra Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi! Is it called 82F, or 'Finoxidil'?--mix of minoxidil, finasteride, other?

I'm considering this--was checking out Baumann clinic in Florida, and also a doctor in NYC I might visit. Seems to be a pre-made mixture that some docs are selling.

Minoxidil and Finasteride (and Spirolactone) are basically the oral and topical meds that docs treat Alopecia Areata with. Very common. But I'm thinking it might be nice to have it already mixed, since I'd like to use both the minoxidil and finasteride.

I was quoted $80/month, too. I'm guessing it's a bit higher due to patent/pre-mixed/etc., but I'd like to use something that is easy, and also that is monitored.

Where/who is doctor who told you about this?

3. electra

electra Member

Dislikes Received:
    Docs at Baumann will prescribe it after a virtual consultation, labwork/photos, etc. Other places do a similar thing.

4. Mia45

Mia45 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I wanted to weigh in on this post. I’ve also been diagnosed with androgenic alopecia. I’ve been using Formula 82F for about 9 months. It took a couple of months of daily use, but after about 2 months I noticed far less hair fall. Now after 9 months of consistent use, I feel like I have better hair texture....and have had new growth. It’s actually a compounded liquid that will come in a 4 month supply (8 small bottles). I think any dermatologist would be able to order it for their patients since it simply requires a prescription.
    I like it because it doesn’t leave the hair greasy feeling after application. I only wash my hair about 3 times per week and have had no issues with still using it daily. It contains minoxidil, finasteride and a small % of an anti inflammatory medication.
    I’m in my 40’s, so I felt it was safe for me to use. I’m not sure it would be beneficial for other types of hair loss besides androgenic alopecia, but I’m not a doctor and am not familiar with the other types of hair loss and their causes. I would have been afraid to use it in my younger days because of pregnancy, etc. Its worth a talk with your doctor....to see if it would be an option to try.
    Hope this helps.

5. electra

electra Member

Dislikes Received:
    MIa, thank you for that!

Do you mean that it's a formula available to any doctor, at any pharmacy?

May I ask whom you saw who gave you this? And, did you have any side effects (or dread shed, etc..)?

Also...I've heard that maybe finasteride doesn't work well for post-menopausal women. I'm in the throes of perimenopause, but just wondering where you are in the hormonal process. And, do you have receding hair line AND diffuse thinning (i.e. I can essentially pull my hair out of my head!).

Thanks so much!

6. electra

electra Member

Dislikes Received:
    Mia45, is there a way to message you? Thanks! Or, you can message me...please! :)