Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Does PCOS-induced hair loss always mimic MPB?

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by lemongrass, Jun 25, 2011.

1. lemongrass

lemongrass Guest

Do you ladies with PCOS have MPB patterned hair loss?

2. dying curls

dying curls Guest

I have pcos and Androgenetic Alopecia.
    my hair loss is diffuse on top and a bit on the side. I dont believe i have lost hair at the back (yet). Female most often experience diffuse hair loss, this is the typical female pattern hair loss for Androgenetic Alopecia.

Some however will experience hair loss in a "male" type pattern, it just depends on the person...male pattern contrary to female's is not as diffuse. It starts at one particular post top of the crown, gulrfs, hair lines. The loss on those spot is accentuated...

3. Jenn32

Jenn32 Guest

I have PCOS and have female pattern Androgenetic Alopecia -- diffuse and noticeable loss everywhere, lately most prominently noticeable on the sides, with miniaturization of the hair follicles.

4. Lemongrass you read my intro, but I was diagnosed with MPB and I've got PCOS.

5. WorriedMom

WorriedMom Guest

I was diagnosed with PCOS and I have MPB.

6. HopeH

HopeH Guest

lemongrass- i was diagnosed with "mild, atypical" PCOS and "very early stages" Androgenetic Alopecia. I'm hoping the Androgenetic Alopecia diagnosis is wrong. I have diffuse lose, most noticeably along the nape of my neck and right temple. I've lost hair along my hairline as well but my hairline, even as a child, was always irregular.