Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Does Rogaine actually effect your skin?

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by lillykin, Jan 11, 2012.

1. lillykin

lillykin Guest

This is the first place that I had ever even seen that Rogaine could age the skin or change its appearance. Have a lot of people noticed this problem?

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    No- the nurse who injects fillers for me every nine months or so commented on what great skin I have for my age and I have been using Rogaine for over four years now

3. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think the one thing we can all agree on is that one thing will not work the same for everyone who tries it. I, and others, have experienced skin changes while using Rogaine. Not one of the possible side effect happens to absolutely everyone.

4. Chickadee

Chickadee Guest

I don't know how people can be certain that Rogaine is negatively affecting their skin rather than something else affecting it -- e.g., environmental factors, fatigue, dehydration, sensitivities to other products, medications, stress, or just aging for the matter.

Until there's an objective scientific study confirming that Rogaine can cause skin problems, I'll remain skeptical.

"Have a lot of people noticed this problem?" Deirdre said "no," and I agree. There are only a handful of women on this site who have expressed concern about it. Many women have had positive experiences with Rogaine.

5. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Just to clarify, I didn't say a lot of women go through it. I guess I forget that not everyone has read all of my past posts and maybe I should repeat that obviously there are more women who do not experience it than those who do (especially on these boards. I've read tons all over the net, true or not). As I've also said, it's not far fetched to think a product that can also cause hair growth on the face can effect the face in other ways. I know the changes were from rogaine because quitting seemed to solve the problem. It's a possibility people should be aware of, that's all I'm saying. I have never tried to stop anyone from trying Rogaine, I have no reason to, I think it's worth a try. But I don't feel right about withholding information because the people who haven't experienced it, don't believe it. There's a lot we don't know about a lot of products.. approved means nothing these days.

6. rose2010

rose2010 Guest

I don't think so. I've been on it for close to 7 yrs and I am in my 30s. My skin is probabably average to above average for my age.

7. Hayley

Hayley Guest

After much time spent in front of the mirror trying to answer this question, i dont think its affected mine. Its more likely that the sun gave me these slight creases around my eyes and rest assured i will be covering up my skin this summer! Otherwise, i think my skin is pretty good and i've been on it about 5 years.

Thats not to say it doesnt happen. I'm just speaking about my own skin.

8. maddie

maddie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am one that it effected. I didn't want to quit rogaine but I couldn't watch what it was doing to my face. I was on it almost 2 years but weaned myself off so I didn't have a big shed. I can tell on my face. It must not happen to all users but I know it wasn't my imagination when I used it. You'll know within 6 mos or so. Maybe even sooner. I forget now how long it took me to notice. I sure wish I would have been one of the lucky ones. I believe rogaine was helping my hair. I just didn't think it was worth it over my face.

9. katkins73

katkins73 Guest

It hasn't effected mine I don't think! I am nearly 39 and have only one wrinkle under my left eye where I smoosh my face into my pillow! I still get told I look in my 20's :mrgreen: