Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Does This Crazy Shedding Ever Stop ??

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Angel, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello pretty ladies,

Struggling through this daily battle of hairfall, I got to realize a few things ..
    You can only be hopeful of getting back what you lost.
    Keeping that hope up every passing day is very difficult !!
    The mind suddenly wants social acceptance ...Mind you people out there really don't care about how you look , they don't have the time to think about it !! It's actually all in our own head !!
    People who care really are not going to be bothered with what you look like ( if it would have been controllable ..)
    There is life out there waiting to be lived even with less hair ....It's an asset , yes..but nobody has everything in this world.
    As far as I am concerned, the more I try to control hairfall..The more it happens!

Whenever I have a bad bad hairfall, I always end up thinking all of the above....But as soon as I look at the mirror, there I am again....Thinking what wrong did I do to end up here . There are much much larger and worse problems in the world I believe, but what's worse than not knowing what your problem is ! :(

I always had symptoms of telogen effluvium starting from around 14 months back. But with miniaturization coming into picture midway, it more of shifted to androgenic alopecia. I have thinning temples , nape of the neck and overall thinning throughout the scalp which is quiet rapid ( along with the smaller, thinner hairs as well ).I am currently again going through a very bad shedding phase ( shedding never stopped..but it was never this bad!!),still trying to understand the cause ( maybe I started taking birth control pills with aldactone 100 in November and changed to Diane from ginnette in December ....)Can this be the cause of a telogen shed after 3 months ?

I recently contacted another dermatologist , who says it's female Pattern hair loss with mild telogen effluvium....but this isn't mild ( it's ~40-50 long hairs and same amount smaller ones on normal days and double on wash days ) ..and this is after 14 months of continous shedding. I fail to understand from where is the hair shedding ..as when I touch my head, I feel nothing but thinning areas and patches . I apply oil, my hair falls ...I don't apply oil, still it sheds! I try to not stress but having such dry, brittle head of hair makes me remember my situation every single day !!

Is there a way out of this ever ? Like I can tell the way my hair is falling, it's got to be telogen effluvium probably with alopecia .
    But will this shed ever stop ? I have heard people saying they are having alopecia since 20 years or so....well with such rapid paces how does that even become possible ?? ( That's my continous thought !!)
    And it's obviously not possible of all.your follicles dying or becoming dormant so fast....does actual healthy terminal regrowth happen at the end ? I at times wonder that vellus hair falling ( along with ones that are thicker from the root and tapering to thin at the ends ) , can this be a good sign of actual healthy hair taking their place ?

I don't know if I am asking the right questions or not ....but I don't think there is a better platform to vent this out !

Hopefully people relate and respond !!
    Thanks in advance :)

2. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t have the answers for you I wish I did, is your shedding has been 14 months and you’ve been on and changed bcp then it is possible it’s te. I’ve been going though this for 5 years and wonder what I’ve done as well, I’ve taken vitamins shampoos ect ect ect the list just goes on. I’ve done nothing. Nothing changes for me either but the dry thin strands and breakage is a constant reminder things aren’t normal. I keep thinking I’ll wake up from this nightmare, and things will be as they should, but sadly that isn’t the case either. Anyway I have no answers but wanted to let you know I understand and definitely an relate

Angel likes this.
  3. grace90

grace90 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I do not have Androgenetic Alopecia but I don't think that it's supposed to be as rapid as what you are describing... that sounds like TE. 14 months is a long time to shed, but switching birth control is DEFINITELY something that can trigger a TE.

i wish i had some words of wisdom for you about a way out from this. i am about a year out from my last TE, and while i am not shedding anymore, i have been very upset lately with how slow progress is happening (sometimes i wonder if i even have made ANY progress, and if any improvement i think i see is just due to lighting or how my hair is parted that day). we have to hang in there and hope for the best, and that time will eventually smile on our hair follicles!

Gina and Angel like this.