Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Doing Research Into Women's Hair Loss

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by UOP1920, Dec 30, 2019.

1. UOP1920

UOP1920 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dear Users,

I am a Masters research student from the School of Area Studies, History, Politics and Literature at the University of Portsmouth. I am interested in women’s experiences of hair loss, especially how it impacts their identity. My interest in this stems from my own experiences of hair loss (I have androgenetic alopecia) and how it has affected me.

My study aims to find out how women come to terms with hair loss and how hair loss changes the ways they see themselves as women. In particular I am interested in how women understand their gender and sexual identities in relation to the hair loss.

If you meet the following criteria I would be interested to hear from you:
    • Self-identify as a woman and are over the age of 18.
    • Have access to the internet and a device (e.g. smartphone, tablet, laptop, desktop) with a camera and microphone.
    • Have (or are able to download and use) the video conferencing programme Skype or similar software (e.g. Google Hangouts, Discord).
    • Are able to speak and write in English.
    • Are a long-term resident of - and have spent your formative years (from the age of 12 onwards) in - the UK, Canada, or USA.
    • Have current or historical hair loss, including those who have fully recovered. This can be any type (e.g. hair loss caused by illness or otherwise) and degree (partial or total) of hair loss.
    Participation in this study involves one interview over Skype (or similar software) which will last 1-2 hours.

If you are interested in this study and would like more information, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can e-mail me on up912998@myport.ac.uk, private message me on this forum or reply to this post and I will get back to you.

Whatever you decide, I would like to thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
    Sam

2. Swoozie

Swoozie New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would be interested in participating.
    Nancy Frey

3. UOP1920

UOP1920 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello Swoozie,

Thank you for your interest. I am unable to message you privately on the forum. Would you be able to email me on up912998@myport.ac.uk or send me a message on here and I can give you further information.