Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Don't give up

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Positive Outlook' started by hairlosshelp, Jun 26, 2017.

1. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    So when I used to frequent this place I always hoped that the people who disappeared were achieving success and didn't want to post here in case they jinx it. I'm right now terrified of jinxing it. I'm only here because people helped me out a lot here. I've been on Rogaine 5% foam for 15 months now. It took about 1 year to notice a difference but I went from thinning hair to now looking like I just have thin hair. I also think the reason that there was quite a big change from Dec 2016-June 2017 is because I started Yasmin during that period.

So right now daily: Rogaine 5% foam + Yasmin

Honestly ladies, I would love to come back and share more but I'm so scared of jinxing it. It's psychological lol. Just know that I went from being suicidal and rarely leaving my house in 2015 and now I don't even think about my hair and it's actually grown quite long and I wear it down (though it's due for a cut due to split ends). Applying rogaine has pretty much become part of my morning routine and now I don't even see it as anything beside another "beauty product".

One of my fears about using Rogaine was aging rapidly. Again, still scared to jinx it. I'm 27 now. But honestly, I look younger than I did at 25. I've lost about 40lbs and my skin has mostly cleared up save for the odd breakout. I think PCOS had triggered my Androgenetic Alopecia and the birth control really helped.

I also didn't take daily pics and count hairs and all of that. I'd recommend not doing so. You will notice the change and you will notice when your hair stops shedding. Let's just say that in 2015/16 just running my fingers through my hair pulled out many strands. Now my hair gets caught in bag handles when it's on my shoulder and nothing. *knocks on wood* lol.

Chillynorway, Hairmess and mcat11 like this.
  2. MEvsHAIR

MEvsHAIR New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!!! I didn't take photos either. I know they help other people see progress, but I just couldn't do it.

Thanks for posting!!

3. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I completely understand what you mean about not wanting to "jinx" things. I've had complete recovery now from my hair loss from anemia/low ferritin. My hair is back to what it used to be I never thought that would happen as I am in my 40's and I figured age related loss was probably part of it. I've not started Rogaine because I wanted to see what my recovery was like after I raised my ferritin. Now I am thinking of starting Rogaine as a preventative as per my Derms recommendation. He thinks everyone over 40 interested in keeping their hair should use it. Glad to know that you are having success and I understand not wanting to jinx yourself but these boards need positive posts too.

mcat11 likes this.
  4. psunday64

psunday64 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    "He thinks everyone over 40 interested in keeping their hair should use it."

Wow! That's interesting and so true!! I never heard that before or even thought about it. But yes that would be so nice if doctors would warn us of the dreaded (female) thinning hair in our future due to aging. This whole hair loss thing caught me by surprise coming from a family of very thick hair. I just never thought for one second it would happen to me. I know hair loss is caused by many different things but for us females going into perimenopause and full blown menopause it would be nice if doctors would warn us of this too and just not about the normal menopausal symptoms. Use it as preventive medicine before it all starts! Some people see it coming due to what they see in their families but I didn't and I know a lot of you all didn't either. But who knows if we would really start it if we weren't seeing hair loss.:dunno:

5. Scorpi08

Scorpi08 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks ladies!!! I had a dream last night that I had my long beautiful hair back. I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror. I had no scalp concealer on, which I typically wear 24/7, and saw the reality of my situation. I was giving up hope. I'm trying to come to a place of acceptance no matter what happens, but I needed some positivity to help me keep fighting for my hair.

mcat11 likes this.
  6. Nancyco

Nancyco New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi ian Nancy .I have been on 4% Minoxodil for 6 mos now i still really don't see much of a difference but i do notice that i have fine hairs that are coming in making my hairline come in more ,However i am wondering if i will begin to see more of an improvement with longer use .I am so afraid to stop it because i am afraid of shedding .Also i was wondering if i should go up to the 5% foam instead of the 4% .I am a client of the belgravia Hair loss clinic.However i am in Canada so i can't go physically to the clinic so they can track my progress and for them to tell me what they think .Any Information or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

7. Jan

Jan Member

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone here have shedding cycles? At 8 months in and i started shedding again around 100 per day after months of nothing. It started in June, its august. I saw shedding cycles happen. I'm getting upset.

#7 Jan, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  8. Jammer

Jammer Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi there! Any tips for how you raised your ferritin? Mine seems to be especially stubborn. Thanks!

Jan likes this.
  9. Mina

Mina Member

Dislikes Received:
    Take iron supplement on empty stomach