Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Dr. Undritz

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by Guest, May 14, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I know this can't be true but part of me wishes it was. I have had Alopecia Universalis for a year now triggered by extreme stress and then pregnancy. Anyway I found this site and treatment is very expensive , I am talking about refinance yor house expensive. I would do it if it were true.

anyone know anything about this Dr. in Russia

http://www.alopecia-areata.com

peace alex

2. Karen

Karen Guest

Hi Alex and Welcome

I just read the site you mentioned. Unless I missed something - WHAT IS THE TREATMENT? That's all the site mentions is the treatment but doesn't describe what it is. I'd be leary of someone promising something and not describing what the hell it is???? And if there is a cure for alopecia, it hasn't reached the States yet? Sounds like snake oil to me and I'm not one to balk at treatments. I would have tried anything when I lost my hair.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

vague

Yes, they emailed me and they seem to be really vague, like meso-theray, laser treatments, plus you have to continue therapy at home( self treatments). I asked them for contacts here in the US that have had the TX and would be willing to testify so to speak but I got no response...yet it has been a few days.

Did you have universalis? or Alopecia Areata, did you have injections?or spontaneous remission. I personally am not into injections for a few patches of hair. I think I would rather be a baldy than patchy.. but that is just me

thanks for your response
    A

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Alex,

Did you say that you were studying alternative med? Do you mean Homeopathy? There is a site called http://www.ABCHomeopathy.com do you know of it? There is several licensed homeopathics that claim to have had luck curing Alopecia Areata and give their suppested remedies there. They too believe that there is not just one reason for Alopecia Areata and that is why they havent be able to find a cure yet. If I don't have any luck with my steriod shots I am going to give it a try. The remedy is cheap and I can buy the stuff here in my own town. You should ck it out and let me know what you think.

Sissy

5. Sissy

Sissy Guest

Crap! I forgot to log in!!! :oops:

That message about the Homeopathy was from me.

Sissy

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Homeopathy

Actually I am schooled in Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. I have tried homeopathy and am a big believer in it! My good friend is in school for it now and is hot on the case of Alopecia Areata. The thing is from TCM ( traditional chinese medicine ) and homeopathy everyone is different and remedies will vary( not a huge diff. but some variance). I am pretty sure I went to the site u mentioned and the person talked about ustillago... does not work for everyone. If you use homeopathy u must go to someone trained at the interview to match you with a remedy. Sometimes generic remedies for cold and flu work like u get at the health food store but not the case with complicated issues like Alopecia Areata.
    keep at it girl
    like I said the cure is there we just don't know it yet!

7. Sissy

Sissy Guest

Alex,
    I agree that the cure is there but I too believe that there is more than one reason for it. That is why the drs are having a hard time finding a connection. No two cases are the same.

One lincensed Homeopathic on that site uses Arnica a lot for Alopecia Areata and I think Phosphorus. You can go to the site and do a word search for Alopecia Areata and suggested remedies will come up. One woman on there used it combined with clear iodine and claims she had a lot of success. Kinda interesting...

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I tried the arnica...

nothing, started the phosphorous a week ago??? we shall see

9. Sissy

Sissy Guest

Alex,

Did you say that you tried the arnica, and now your on the phosphorus? How did you know to take that? Was it from the wesite?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

yes tried the arnica, yes I got it from the website.I still think since everyone is different the remedy will be different. I'll let you know what my friend suggests after doing the interview and analysis

11. zoya

zoya Guest

homeopathy

hi alex,
    any luck with your homeopathy medications for hairloss,
    would definitely like to know... it has helped many friends of mine.
    zoya