Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Dying hair after regrowth

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by sarahk, Feb 1, 2012.

1. sarahk

sarahk Guest

Hey guys,
    I just have a question bout what you guys think I should do with dying my hair. I found i had hair loss over a year ago (I actually went to the hair dressers and two weeks later noticed a ton of spots, the stylist didnt mention seeing anything while dying and cutting my hair, he even commented on how thick my hair was so I don't think there was anything while i was there, so i must have lost a lot of hair in a really short amount of time, at first I thought it was because i reacted to the die, but I went to the stylist and to the doctor and neither thought it was any sort of chemical burn or allergic reaction but that it was alopecia). Anyways since then I haven't done anything to my hair i've been way too scared, my doctor prescribed cream and shampoo and luckily everything grew back in just a few months. Now i have no new spots (haven't had any for a few months) and I haven't noticed hair loss when i wash or brush it but I'm still rli rli scared to get it died. I've been dying my hair for years so the colour is really faded so i'd really like to get it done...does anyone know if dying it might cause the alopecia to come back??? Is it possible that it'll trigger it again? Cause i rather never dye it again if theres a chance it might...

Thanks so much!
    S

2. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Medical hair loss is caused from the inside. I have had one major shed from dying my hair once, but after reading reviews, it was common for that brand. Scary stuff. Same for certain shampoo brands.. like Pantene. But in those cases, the hair will come back because there is nothing medically wrong with you (assuming it was in fact the dye that did it). If you have no history of it and you're sure your shed isn't up in general etc, then I would call it a fluke and go get yer hair did. I have been dying my hair since I was 13 years old. Coming from a hair loss sufferer, that probably doesn't ease your mind lol, but my loss usually slows after dying, not the other way around. And like I said.. if you do have hair loss, it's coming from the inside and only a doctor can tell you what's up..

Good luck

3. neencali

neencali Guest

My stylist uses a mild Color but wont use bleach on my hair. She does my hair in the foil and says she skips my new growth that is under. One of my regrowth spots is 2 inch circle behind my ear that has grown in about 3 inches if white hair. My other spots have grown back dark blond.
    get it done. You will feel better. Make sure they use a mild non irritating dye.