Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Enroll for clinical trial /hair multiplication

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Discoveries' started by dying curls, Aug 22, 2010.

1. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Hey girls,

i was surfing through the Aderan's website (they're the one who took up wher Intercytex had stopped).
    And they have this page with different contact info for those of you american girls/men who wants to enroll to be part of the clinical trials.

i thought you could be interested:

http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_clinicupdates.html

2. dying curls

dying curls Guest

So nobody is interested??? or at least curious???
    Gosh if i lived in the US i would at least try to get more info on the procedure and such.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm very interested, but live too far away from any of the cities.

4. BLYNN

BLYNN Guest

I called and have an appointment for an initial screening. It is a derms office, they will do a physical and blood work to see if i qualify-no cost. If I am accepted into the program there is no cost to me and they do compensate me for being in the program. It seems pretty simple with now daily chemicals put on the scalp. If u go to the website it tells about the procedure. PM me if u have any questions.
    I am excited and will update-my first appointment is mid Sept.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    BLYNN - I am very excited for you, and very envious! I live in Oregon so there is just no way I can make to these cities for 10-12 office visits :( .

6. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Wow, that's so great.
    That's so cool to have a woman on this board who will be able to give us more indight about this research... Although i assume maybe ou won't be allowed to tell us too much about it, there us tbe some kind of secrecy or something!!
    I am so excited about this!!!!

7. Pinson

Pinson Guest

Oh wow. :punk: I wish I lived in the US. I hope that if this stuff works, it won't take too long to come to Europe. Thanks for keeping us posted and good luck with it all

8. emilya

emilya New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I live in NJ and will be calling tomorrow, just hope its legitimate, the site looked very good but it did not describe what was involved.

9. dying curls

dying curls Guest

You can research it online easily i guess.
    But before you decide to go on the trials be sure you understand everything.

it's a TRIAL, so you must be aware there are risks,though it is phase 2 now and the phase 1 was good.

Even if you decide not to do it, you can still go for an appointment just out of curiosity ;)

Apparently they take some healthy cells from your scalp, they multiply them and put the new multiplied cells on your scalp so they can grow new hair:

If accepted, physicians excise a small piece of tissue from the base of the participant's neckline. The hair cells from the tissue are then cultivated in the ARI laboratory. A few weeks later a series of treatments begin in which the cultivated cells are injected into the scalp of the participant. The clinical staff measure the progress of the treatment in a series of spaced office visits.

Aderan is one of the few big lab involved in hair multiplication research in the US.
    Are the hospital listed on the side recognized in the US?

10. BLYNN

BLYNN Guest

So I went today for the screening. I don't have enough hair loss!! They are looking for people with very little hair.
    The payment was great-it involved 8 visits and u got $1200!
    The study looks very promising.

11. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would guess that they would not want you to be taking any meds for hair loss or using anything like Rogaine. Is that correct?

12. Pinson

Pinson Guest

Too bad you couldn't enter the study but good thing for your hair loss. I hope someone here can help us informed on that

13. dying curls

dying curls Guest

So have you learnt something more???