Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Entering TE Recovery-Photos

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Positive Outlook' started by Wolf924, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Wolf924

Wolf924 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi--I wanted to give an update on my situation since I believe I might be entering the very beginning of TE Recovery, at least in the very front--which looked a lot like Androgenetic Alopecia, and on the left side, which was just bad bad bad, and a bit on the top of my head, although my crown is still quite thin. My right side really is struggling to catch up. As you all may recall, I began shedding like mad in October of 2014.

To be clear, I am NOT out of the woods--I am still in a very fluctuating shed, but I do see a notable difference. My density has not returned on the right side, but the left side I would say its gotten better by 20%. Hopefully you all do too.

FEB 2015:

2015-08-04.jpg 11846445_10101700054079901_1054308150_n.jpg 11805961_10101700054069921_2064705610_n.jpg

JULY 2015:

11823918_10101699788956211_1865695204_n.jpg 11824095_10101699790223671_1435811546_n.jpg 11824188_10101699792314481_999842684_n.jpg

I am not sure how much I will recover, but my hair looks better. I plan to update you all every two months.

Hang in there everyone!

CarolinaDR likes this.
  2. labellavita1985

labellavita1985 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    That's amazing, congratulations wolf! Thanks for posting and giving us all some hope. What was your ferritin level, if you don't mind me asking? And in your signature do you mean that you were losing shorter length hairs? With tapered ends right? I've been losing these types of hair too. I have very very low iron levels, currently.

3. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Labellavita:

My ferriten level was low-40 ng, and I have been supplementing. Yes, I shed the uncut hairs--still do. Anywhere from 3'-6". Some are regrowth! But I see tons of regrowth and my derm assured me this is normal for TE. Still shedding too high, like 75-80 on average, some days way less.

My hair is still very thin--I know the photos don't appear that's the case, but trust me it is. I went from a dollar sized ponytail to now about a nickel. I am just lucky my hair fluffs out.

I had a biopsy in May that confirmed TE. I hope that in another year I might be recovered fully.

4. labellavita1985

Dislikes Received:
    You are lucky that your hair is wavy, it does not look thin at all! Congratulations again ... my ferritin is 6.7 as of last week, your story has given me some hope that my hair loss issues will maybe get better.

5. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    Oh yours is WAY lower than mine! I bet you have a TE--I also had low vitamin D and was given supplements by my doctor. My advice is hold out on rogaine, treat your deficiencies, try to rest (sleep is vital) and wait a few more months and if the issue is not resolved--get a biopsy. Hang in there, don't lose hope!

6. labellavita1985

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, i'm hoping that's what it is and your story has given me some hope. Congratulations again, your hair is looking great :) Btw, is that a pomeranian?

7. Sakura

Sakura Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    WOW! wolf that's a big difference!! i'm happy for you =) nex year your hair will be as good as new!

8. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Looking at your hair right now, I definitely wouldn't think you dealt with hair loss! It looks amazing!

9. sheeny

sheeny Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Amazing! These are really motivating. Your hair looks SO good!

10. Kelly7

Kelly7 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I know what you mean about being lucky with hair that "fluffs out!" Mine is the same way and it's wavy/curly as well. My crown looks like your February crown picture, but I've been shedding for five years. My left side is worse than my right side, so it's the opposite of yours. If I part my hair on the right, my hair loss is less visible but I'm afraid of losing regrowth if I part it on the right! Your hair looks great! I hope your hair gets even fluffier.

11. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    Hi LaBellaVita-

That's a Papillion, my little rescue girl, Sophie Antoinette <3 Love of my life, who incidentally had no hair when I rescued her !!! Her hair all grew back after about a year with excellent food and vet care! We think it was from malnourishment, stress and abuse. She too went through a TE, and look at her now :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Also if anyone has questions or concerns on TE, please feel free to message me. I hope my crappy experience can help someone going through the same thing. Plus I am still shedding so would like to compare notes.

12. labellavita1985

Dislikes Received:
    That is an amazing story, Wolf! She's beautiful!! I absolutely love dogs, and am continually impressed with their loyalty, devotion, etc. The love that they feel for their owners is absolutely mind blowing to me.

On another forum there was a woman talking about how her dog has comforted her so much throughout her hair loss issues, because her dog loves her and needs her no matter what her hair looks like.

13. Eliza1990

Eliza1990 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi wolf! Somehow I totally missed this thread. I just wanted to echo everyone else's congratulations and hairlosshelp's comment that looking at your latest pics, I would never even guess you've dealt with hair loss! I am so happy for you that you're seeing success - wishing you the best in your continued recovery.

I've also had a very high, persistent TE-like shed - mine has been going full force for at least a year now - and I think it might finally be winding down, but it's too early to tell (unlike you, I probably also have some Androgenetic Alopecia, but who knows). But I really hope one day I'll see the same success as you! Thanks for being an inspiration.

14. ha2015

ha2015 New Member

Dislikes Received:

THANK YOU for this!

One side of mine is coming in more than the other, too. Very odd. Though I do have a bit at the front that seems to still be getting worse, albeit rather slowly.

Did much of your regrowth come back grey? Much of mine is.

Best of luck! Looking great! H

15. Nerak

Nerak Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Looks great, definitely improving. So happy for you.

16. Leelees

Leelees Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I can definitely tell a big improvement - that's wonderful! I'm happy for you!!

And can I just say that I am thankful that we live in an age of digital cameras so we can take these kinds of selfie shots of top of head! My husband doesn't understand why there are a million shots of various angles of my hair on my phone :D

17. Kelly7

Kelly7 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    LOL. :eek: I email my hair photos to myself and move them into a 'hair pics' folder.

18. Bald eagle 1996

Bald eagle 1996 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Papillion is precious, so glad she recovered from her TE, hope I am next!!:eek:

19. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:

I'm having the lopsided regrowth too! It is so strange I side part my hair to the left and that side is thicker than the right even though it has all that extra hair. It is soooo frustrating but I am still thankful that it seems to be getting better and not worse. I'm noticing more grays but that might be because I am not highlighting my hair right now so they really stand out against my solid color roots. I'm going to wait for a while before I hightlight again, I used to do my roots every 6 weeks without fail and my hair never got damaged...Until TE hit.

20. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    I do have some greys, but not much--but more than I had which was like one, hahaha!

My crown was hardest hit, and I am starting to see that fill in slightly too--but MAN is this taking FOREVER.